Bedrijf: Conscious Hotels
Personal qualities (competences and skills)
- Based in the Netherlands, preferably Amsterdam
- Fluent Dutch, understanding of English.
- Hospitality DNA, genuine, so no genetic modifications pls
- Extravert (outgoing personality) Not afraid to talk, able to connect. Not on market guy volume though
- Wants to save the planet, but no sustainability door bitch
- Egoist, not, team player of course
- Flexible (not necessarily in a gymnast way)
- You are Technically schooled
- Preferably you have BHV certificate
- You have some (significant) experience in (international) hotels.
- You have a hospitality mind-set, the very meaning of the word.
- At least some higher education (you can read and think for yourself)
Every hotel's unsung hero
Exciting things are about to happen within Conscious Hotels! The next two years we will grow with no less than 2 hotels. Besides the existing Conscious Hotel Vondelpark and Conscious Hotel Museum Square, our 3rd hotel will open in the end of 2016 in Amsterdam; the 4th hotel will open in 2018.
So there are a lot of new rooms that need to be checked, new installations that need to be serviced. Besides that, the current operations need to perform as well as they are now.
Pop-quiz. When something breaks do you:
A) Get a new one
B) Kick it
C) Call someone
D) Take it apart and fix it yourself.
If you answered A-C, you're 95% of the world's population. If you answered D, you need to be a maintenance worker, and you're the one we are looking for.
Equipment does break down and accidents do happen, which is why we employ a professional maintenance staff. Because of you, the hotel will run without any maintenance or security issues and is in full compliance with safety regulations, supplying services as required to the entire operation, and maintaining equipment, building, and grounds in optimum condition.
Responsibilities range from changing HVAC filters to regular boiler maintenance. Being a maintenance employee requires light trouble shooting abilities for a variety of different types of machinery and equipment like HVAC, electricity, plumbing and occasionally janitorial or other building maintenance.
Though you are almost inevitably hidden from guests' view, we say that a good maintenance's contribution is the secret sauce behind any successful guest experience.
As we strive to have fully booked hotels every day of the week you need to be able to cope with the stress and pressure; but that’s part of what makes this job fun, right? You'll need to be able to respond quickly, also during weekends, and troubleshoot using instruction manuals, blue prints and necessary tools. Of course the maintenance area and storages need to be properly stacked and cleaned, so that is your job too.