Be part of a young, diverse and enthusiastic team of volunteers that works on cutting-edge space technology, both in-person and remote. The opportunity of making a real impact on the forefront of Mars exploration with your Thesis. Gain real-life experience through the holistic systems engineering of innovative technical solutions. Work aside other driven and talented people on disruptive technologies. Receive advice and mentoring from experienced industry professionals and academics. Learn about the design of a Swarm of rovers for Mars exploration. Improve your CV and develop connections to key players in the space industry like Airbus, ESA or Voestalpine. Share your work with industry professionals and academics and receive in-depth feedback from them. Publish your findings in a variety of papers and present them at conferences.Tasks
- Phase 0, A and B task for Electrical and Software Systems, for example
- Requirements Engineering
- Interface Definition
- Ensuring system compliance
- High level system analysis and simulation
- Be focal point for ECSS standardization and documentation aspects in the Electrical and Software team.
- Manage and support subsystem design engineers.
- Manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
- Academic background in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or similar
- Strong background in Systems Engineering, particularly Requirements engineering, System & Interface definition
- Demonstrated experience with ECSS standards, particularly ECSS-E-ST-10C and ECSS-E-ST-10-06C
- Willingness for continuous learning and personal development
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication and intercultural skills
- Excellent written & spoken English, in particular writing technical documentation
- Strongly desirable: located in or near Delft, The Netherlands
- Bonus: Familiarity with MBSE concepts and tools
- Bonus: Experience with the Space systems design process, particularly early phases
- Become a trailblazer. Have the opportunity to be a part of a mission that could potentially change the way we explore our solar system planets and exoplanets.
- Develop critical thinking and management skills, by overseeing the engineering processes and have the opportunity to make an impact, by solving problems with creative solutions.
- Working with like-minded individuals from all over the world, passionate about space, that want to have a positive impact on society.
- Chance to publish novel concepts in different aerospace conventions and get known by the international scientific community.
- Interact with industry partners and external stakeholders like the European Space Agency.