Senior Data Warehouse developer for Sales Analytics
Are you a data-driven engineer who can assist stakeholders on a global scale? Looking for a role that gives you the freedom to create and innovate? Then keep reading…Our story (the bitesize version)
Here at Just Eat Takeaway.com, we deliver delicious dishes across 24 countries worldwide. From fries in Frankfurt to tacos in Toronto, millions of food-lovers order from us every day.
All about the role
Our recipe for success is all about tech. From data engineers to backend developers and IT Support experts, our talented tech teams help us continue to innovate and grow.
As our Senior Data Engineer (4+ years of experience as Data Warehouse developer / Data Engineer), you’re part of the diverse Sales Analytics team which is responsible for maintaining Sales related data such as:
- Restaurant master / historical snapshot
- Historical online status of restaurants
- Revenue from restaurant
The team’s goal is to support our existing platform, in addition to creating new components and integrations and ensuring production runs smoothly.
It’s your job to verify data integrity and transform it into the best format for each stakeholder, using the right tools to support their operational work. And you’ll also have the chance to:
Can you deliver…
- Ingest data from operational system to data warehouse in a way that data is flowing in continuously without any down time, with ensuring accountability of data processing steps, to be always ready to respond to internal and external audit
- Collect and transform unstructured data from different sources into a structured output – e.g. columnar databases, flat or Parquet/ORC files, NoSQL or streams
- Use your skills and best practices to create reliable, frequently/continuously running pipelines.
- Model and test data using Amazon Redshift SQL, and build and maintain dimensional or fact tables, with doing data audit activity to make sure the quality of data
- Maintain data definitions so that analysts can easily understand the meaning of data
- Collaborate effectively with team members and other stakeholders in Agile iterative processes
Ready to be our next Data Engineer? Here is what we need from you:
Here is our offer
- 4+ years’ experience in handling big data pipelines, data warehouses or other (preferably distributed) data stores
- 4+ year’s experience in coding advanced level of SQL, capable to use relatively complex querying technique such as window function, creation table with DISTKEY / SORTKEY, data cleansing with CASE statement to clean up data
- Basic knowledge of Python, including 2+ years’ experience
- Experience in the cloud is preferred (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Fluent English (written & spoken) and good communication skills
Like the perfect food pairing, your skills and these great rewards belong together:
- Competitive salary
- An impactful and varied role as part of a talented, diverse team
- The chance to join a fast-growing global tech business with flat hierarchies
- Opportunities to learn new concepts and develop as both an engineer and an individual
- Great team & company events
- 26 days of holiday per year
- Contribution to your travel costs and budget for ordering lunches
- Generous relocation package to move to the Netherlands (please only apply if you want to work in Amsterdam)
- The position is also open to global candidates (visa sponsorship and relocation package are available for candidates applying from abroad)
Don’t miss out on this exciting data engineering role. Click Apply Now and send us your CV!
Wat wij bieden