The Vaccines business of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In our organization entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team, we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen.
For our department we are currently seeking for a fulltime
: Supervisor warehouse
Department: logistics & material handling departmentOrganizational context:
- Reporting line: Senior manager site operations
- Direct reports: 6-7 operators
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse processes including receiving raw materials and/or finished goods and maintaining inventory of associated records. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems. Key responsibilities:
Coordination of warehousing related activities:
- Supervise various warehouse areas, ensuring accuracy of warehouse and supporting documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area. Personnel and inventory transactions are accurately logged.
- Manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts, stock takes and audit of same to verify results.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of the department activities in KPI’s. Supervise all resources are utilized efficiently.
- Develop and maintain departmental SOP and work instructions for all tasks.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and workflow.
- Represent the department in projects and escalations towards internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure environmental, health and safety within the operational areas of the department
- Supervise team of warehouse operators of different experience levels in their day to day routine to ensure defined KPI’s are achieved.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behaviour.
- Accountable for setting objectives, and being responsible for periodic job performance discussions, conducting the mid-year review and yearly appraisal (full P&D cycle).
- Ensure that the warehouse team have the necessary knowledge and experience to perform their duties through training and coaching.
Projects & Improvement:
- Continuously improve warehouse operations and recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Confers with other departments to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers
Compliance & Safety:
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforcing E.H.S regulations.
- Ensure compliance with GXP & GDP procedures and practices.
The position reports to the Senior manager site operations. The position requires independent decision making, guide decision-making processes and act as escalation point. Jobholder is first point of contact for stakeholders and acts as subject matter expert on warehouse topics to our development programs and quality assurance department. QualificationsSpecific professional/technical requirements:
- Education: HBO
- Work experience:
- at least 5 years of working experience in logistics/ warehousing
- at least 2-year experience with GMP and safety
- Dangerous goods training goods
- Languages: Dutch & English
- Other: previous leadership experience is considered a pre
We offer an interesting position, which allows you to work on different types of interesting topics, supporting our programs in various stages of development. With the Vaccines business of Janssen being part of Johnson & Johnson, you will work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Primary Location
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)Job Function
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist