Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
The General Ledger Accountant is a member of the Finance team and will report directly to the Supervisor – General ledger. General Ledger is an integral part of the Europe Finance team as the team is the business partner for various departments in order to understand processes, to identify completeness and correctness of Europe Balance and P&L. The General Ledger Accountant is required to add value to the closing process, not only with accurate accounting, but also by taking initiative, influencing and advising other departments.Verantwoordelijkheden
• Perform general ledger month, quarterly and year end closings by preparing journal entries to record the business activity (For example (but not limited to) prepaid insurances, bank guarantees and miscellaneous accruals or any entries necessary for proper Financial Statement Presentation).
• Coordinate with various departments (both finance and non-finance, across multiple countries) to ensure financial records are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analytical review based on the entries booked during the month end close and prepares subsequent events to evaluate the accuracy of the entries booked and report to the supervisor on same.
• Understands the problem identification and problem solving process and be able to follow through to get the result needed.
• Participate and prepare for internal and external audits.
• Might be required to perform additional accounting and reporting duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Foot Locker is entitled to assign other duties than those associated with the position as described above, if such would be in the best interest of the Company.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.