Is aware and cares for Health, Safety & Environmental aspects during daily actions, and drives HSE performance throughout project and or internal/ external services activities.
• All furnace steel design activities related to 3D modeling and preparing 2D drawings.
• Assist civil and plant steel section in 3D modeling and preparing 2D drawings of civil and plant steel structures as required.
• Support / assist other Furnace Steel Designers with the performance of their assignments.
• Support / assist the (Sr.) Furnace Steel Engineer in any activity at his request.
• Incorporate Customer technical requirements in project related furnace steel standards and drawings.
• Perform 3D modeling and prepare 2D drawings of furnace steel structures and associated items, such as air pre-heaters, fans, stack, burners, ducting, compensators, refractory lining, etc.
• Ensure 3D modeling is executed properly and completed without clashes.
• Ensure the quality of the civil and plant steel design by performing regular model reviews.
• Assist the (Sr.) Furnace Steel Engineer in coordinating furnace structure related design issues with other engineering disciplines.
• Assist the (Sr.) Furnace Steel Engineer in preparing furnace structure related MTO’s.
• Assist the (Sr.) Furnace Steel Engineer in Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design.
• Assist the (Sr.) Furnace Steel Engineer in review detailed design drawings prepared by third parties.
• Use the available design review checklists.
• Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
Education and Experience:
Technical College or BSc degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
• Min. 5 years in similar function.
• Understanding structural strength and stability issues.
• Familiar with refractory lining design details.
• TEKLA experience needed
Tom de Smittijdelijk