Are you looking for an opportunity to propel your financial career forward? Then this might be the opportunity for you. As Project Finance Accountant you will be right in the middle of our organization in a dynamic position, working together with colleagues from various backgrounds and expertise on topics that Enhance Society Together.
What you do as a Project Finance Accountant
The position of Project Finance Accountant is an excellent opportunity to get to know our organization and bring your financial skills into practice. You will work alongside project managers and finance colleagues to ensure the quality of our project administration.
This includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of our project administration, perform internal control and compliance checks.
- Drive the invoicing process and limit the working capital positions for projects within your portfolio, continuously striving for process improvements to simplify and speed up the process.
- Be the first point of contact for Project Managers on basic projects: Take a proactive role in approaching and supporting Project Managers on project accounting matters to improve project hygiene (project budgeting and forecasting, invoicing and WIP reviews).
- Maintain a close working relationship with your financial colleagues and support project management in their financial duties if and when required (act as financial business partner).
- Support with project control activities of basic projects (follow up on Project control alerts and initiate project hygiene reviews), work closely together with Project and Business Unit Controllers.
- Support process developments and automation.
You will be working in a great team with professionals and will receive on the job training, coaching and support from your colleagues.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV is a worldwide engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6.000 colleagues spread over 140 countries. Within Finance at Royal HaskoningDHV, we have more than 200 Finance professionals active in different countries, divided over business- and financial control departments. We are a self-learning team and continuously optimize our operations to supply the best financial support to our stakeholders and ensure compliance with external - and internal regulations. When you join our Project Accounting team you will get 50 new enthusiastic colleagues, from various ages, countries, and backgrounds.
In this role you join a team of 25 colleagues in Business Control team of the Business line Industry & Buildings, where you will closely work together with Project- and Business Unit Controllers. The team works in a buddy system and has a mix of junior, medior and senior members, working together on projects that drive change in society. Furthermore, you will be part of the global Project Finance Accounting team (50 staff), which is focused on financial control activities, continuously optimizing our operations to supply the best financial support to our stakeholders and ensure compliancy. Industry & Buildings consists of 1700 committed professionals who put in their skills, drive, ambition, and time to meet the needs of our clients and impact society in a positive way with future-ready and sustainable built environment and industry.
- You will be based in Amersfoort, Nijmegen or Eindhoven. You are flexible to work occasionally from different offices (for team meetings etc).
- Partly working from home is possible.
What you bring
With your understanding of the finance accounting & control discipline and underlying principles, you have the capability to apply these in daily practice. You are accurate, will take initiative and ownership of the financial control activities and able to communicate clearly and build relationships with Project managers and other stakeholders. Besides that, you have:
- Associate or Bachelor in Finance & Control, Accounting or related field or (MBO) Diploma level with relevant experience.
- 0 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of related disciplines (Invoicing, automation and ERP/accounting systems).
- Native verbal & written communication skills in Dutch; English is a plus.
- Are acccurate and integer.
- Take initiative and ownership.
- Are client focused, communicate clearly and build & maintain relationships with Project managers and other stakeholders.
- Plan and organize your activities well.
What we offer you
You will work together with smart, like-minded colleagues on challenging projects. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiastic colleagues that want to make a positive impact. Besides that, we also offer you:
- Salary ranging from EUR 2.650 - EUR 4.150 depending on education level and relevant experience
- A good work-life balance, including a laptop so you can work wherever and whenever you want;
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week;
- A good primary salary and pension accrual through our own pension fund;
- A workplace in one of our offices and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card;
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities;
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary;
- An opportunity to develop as a Financial expert/ Controller in a large international company. We are an attractive employer with a good national and international market position that offers lots of opportunities for personal and professional development
- Our challenging Young Professional Program in which you focus on developing your hard and soft skills, together with other young professionals within the organisation;
- Young Royal HaskoningDHV that organises inspiring events, workshops and excursions with colleagues inside and outside the Netherlands.
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Please apply with you CV and motivation letter via de application button. If you have any questions regarding this position, feel free to send them to email@example.com.
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated.