The person in this role may work remotely within the EMEA or onsite at a EMEA-based Medtronic facility.
Careers that change lives
We are looking for an IT Business Systems Analyst for reporting and data analytics within ServiceNow and Power BI for global IT organizations. This individual can work independently as well as part of a team, must be engaging, a continuous learner, out-of-the-box thinker and have a growth mindset. We are looking for a knowledgeable and trustworthy individual to join a hardworking team.
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result —and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to be a part of technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in IT that changes lives.
Medtronic is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Check out the accomplishments of our Women in IT group!
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Develop ITSM reporting dashboards – both in ServiceNow and Power BI – to support Global IT Operational Excellence Goals and align on data insight needs with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with the ITSM (IT Service Management) and wider global IT organization to define standards, establish governance and roll out global dashboards
- Complete requests for reporting and access and handle incidents for reporting
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and establish reporting objectives
- Provide support to the onboarding and operational work of managed services partners, including providing guidance on reporting where needed
- Educated stakeholders on best practices related to reporting and metrics to manage a service end-to-end
- Research and implement efficient and reliable methods for data retrieval and warehousing to create more accessible reporting options
- Continually improve the quality and maintain the integrity of the data warehoused by ITSM
- Provide feedback and expertise needed for data lake projects
- Create and maintain a standard operating procedure (SOP) for retiring reports and dashboards
- Provide management and cross-functional partners with updates, report, content and presentations, as necessary
- Perform in a team environment, meet deadlines and has attention for details
- 3+ years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of experience with an advanced degree
- Experience with ServiceNow's Reporting and Performance Analytics modules
- Experience with data analytic tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, SAP Business Objects)
- Experience with ITIL processes and tools (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Experience with SQL
Nice to haves
- Previous Medtronic experience
- ServiceNow CSA (admin/developer) certification
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and activities and deal with change
- Independently handle and drive the assigned projects
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also, a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
- Flexible working environment.
- Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results.
- Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances.
- Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract.
- Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (Medtronics’ global recognition program).
Bold thinking. Bolder actions. We are Medtronic.
We lead global healthcare technology and boldly attack the most challenging health problems facing humanity by searching out and finding solutions. Our Mission — to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life — unites a global team of 90,000+ passionate people. Powered by our diverse knowledge, insatiable curiosity, and desire to help all those who need it, we deliver innovative technologies that transform the lives of two people every second, every hour, every day.
When joining Medtronic, you’ll become part of a company that is recognised as a Top Employer for 2022 in multiple countries throughout Europe. Every day we strive to engineer the extraordinary all the while delivering excellent employee experiences and practices benefitting you and your career. Read more about Top Employers.
Expect more from us as we empower insight-driven care, experiences that put people first, and better outcomes for our world.
In everything we do, we are engineering the extraordinary.
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!