Are you an experienced Executive Assistant and Office Manager who is fluent in Dutch and enjoys giving support and coordination of office and travel? Do you love to provide excellent service to a small international team with dedicated and ambitious members? And are you in for a dynamic and fast paced environment? Read on!
You are the glue in the centre of the team, the spider in the web, providing support and structure, and maintaining ways of working and policies, plus being the central point of contact and focus no matter where people are or what they are up to.
In this role, your day to day responsibilities consist of 4 areas:
1. Support of Managing Director and Senior Director:
- Complete support to Managing Director and Senior Director Brand management & Digital Transformation;
- You act as a sparring partner and gatekeeper, manage agendas, manage travel, prepare correspondence and communicate on the MD and Sr Directors' behalf, liaising with staff, members, suppliers etc.;
- You maintain overviews on demand of short- and long-term activities for planning, maintain connections with Board members and CEOs' assistants for good working relationships.
2. Support of the team:
- Full support to the team including but not limited to: switchboard and visitor management, managing team shared agenda's, correspondence and travel needs;
- Identifying the need for, planning and organising of (virtual) team building events;
- Ad hoc support to Board, especially President, as requested. Including but not limited to: scheduling Board & General meetings, coordinating collective Board travel & accommodation.
3. Travel and meeting management:
- Organising all travel arrangements (flights, other transportation, accommodation, etc.) for Managing Director, Sr Director, and Team, preparing complex travel itineraries for all staff, organising external meeting rooms & catering requirements;
- Obtaining best rates and service through negotiation and relationship management with existing suppliers, sourcing new suppliers, always researching/discussing to ensure best service/price ratio;
- Ensure meet budget requirements in respect of travel and accommodation;
- Through direct liaison or in person attendance ensure meetings (on- and off- site) run smoothly with all facilities provided appropriately and to the correct standard.
4. Office Management:
- Car and bike fleet administration and insurance administration;
- Maintain office environment to standard defined, including identifying and creating new elements, processes, etc.;
- Maintain cleaning contracts, kitchen and office supplies, furniture installation, plants, waste management, office and car access;
- Responsibility for managing all office contracts to ensure best combo of service & price, and monitor to ensure correct invoicing and delivery;
- Health and safety;
- Regular and periodic mailings (e.g. Christmas cards) including, design, plan, engage and manage deadlines;
- Maintain Member & supplier contact lists by subcategory as relevant;
- Basic, non salary HR administration including employee contact management, holiday planning, etc;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English;
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant and/or Office Manager;
- Affinity for direct executive support and office administration & management;
- Good working knowledge and experience with MS Office suite;
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills;
- Creative solution finder, with excellent interpersonal skills who's able to build and maintain strong relationships;
- Very flexible, 'jump in and get hands dirty' attitude.
What they offer:
- Initial 2 year contract with a view to cementing a long-term relationship;
- A full time 36 or 40-hour week, with flexibility (if you are with us then we are with you)
- 25 days paid annual leave + generous public holiday policy;
- Generous daily travel allowance and work from home allowance;
- An excellent pension scheme;
- 3:2 hybrid working environment: at least 3 days per week in the newly renovated offices in a growing (and green) business park close to Schiphol airport with all the transport connections that provides.