Are you passionate about software and about aviation? Do you love a technical challenge and like to work on multiple platforms to create a consistent experience for our consumers?
For the inflight connectivity team, we are looking for an agile & objective minded experienced developer with a pro-active mindset that is eager to learn new things. The products that you will be working on is the aircraft connectivity platform, a platform that connects systems, applications and devices to each other and to the internet onboard of our connected aircrafts through a variety of services.
We release software on aircrafts and on the ground on a monthly basis. The number of aircrafts running our product today is 50+ but will grow to 170+ eventually. Our challenge is to stay in control of the (quality of the) product – on a fast-changing codebase running on a range of various infrastructural configurations (aircraft types, ISP suppliers, hardware, networks). We load software ‘Over the Air’ and the customers of our platform are present in the form of Mobile, Crew, and the portal for the internet connectivity.What are you going to do?
In your role your focus will be on backend development (Java) but you should also jump in on frontend work (React) or DevOps tasks (Kubernetes, CI/CD).Where do you land?
We are a small passionate team that takes a lot of pride in our product. We are always looking to make it better and to give our passengers a better experience. We are in close contact with our connectivity suppliers and come up with new solutions and innovations. We work with an agile mindset, are multi skilled and work together with different departments within Air France-KLM, which makes our environment very challenging and dynamic. You will find yourself in a center point between Digital, E&M, OCC and various suppliers, so expect a dynamic and interesting environment.
Internet on board is taking a flight so we are also involved in connecting new planes and creating monitoring and dashboard for the multiple stakeholders who are interested in the performance on board. We also support the connecting of other touchpoints on board like for example Inflight Entertainment and Crew. Working in the aircraft connectivity team is fun, challenging and exciting with lots of opportunities to learn and grow. You will work together with smart and passionate peers.Your profile
You are comfortable working with various technologies and programming languages. You like learning new skills and you make sure to keep your knowledge up-to-date. You can handle the entire software development cycle and you are not shy of DevOps.
We use the following languages and technologies:
- Docker, Nginx, Springboot, NodeJS,
- Databases (Postgres, Elastic search),
- Networking, DevOps (CI/CD),
- Build tools, automation (Atlassian, github, gulp, bash)
- Knowledge of React
- We are moving to the cloud, so knowledge of Azure is a pre
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands
- A gross salary between € 3.800,69 and € 6.392,07 per month
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities
- A good pension scheme, end of the year bonus and 8 percent holiday pay
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months)
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol
- Discount of your health insurance
- A personal budget for sustainable employability
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 17-04-2023! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and a case.