Senior Manager Manufacturing Bio-production
Joining a global leading life sciences company to making the world healthier, cleaner and safer? We offer a job opening in leading a manufacturing team and a bio-production manufacturing process, to contribute to further growth of our speciality production site in Naarden.
The Senior Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for overseeing the manufacturing processes for the Captureselect affinity ligands in our ISO9001 certified Naarden site, the Netherlands. Our products are single chain antibody fragments, produced in yeast, through both upstream (fermentation), primary recovery (MF and UF) as well as purification (chromatography) technologies and they enable the manufacturing of innovative bio-pharmaceuticals by our customers.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Lead and mentor a team of manufacturing professionals (10 specialists) to meet operational goals in safety, product availability and productivity
- Initiate and lead continuous process improvement activities and projects
- Partner with the Sr Manager Quality of the Naarden site, to reach the quality objectives of the operations, and participate in customer audits
- Participate in multidisciplinary planning and strategic reviews to ensure supply chain integrity, on time delivery and new product introduction goals
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical activities to meet short- and long-term business goals
- Leading expansion and upgrade projects to the facility and operations
- Participate in Tech Transfer projects
- Promote a working environment that sustains employee engagement and involvement to achieve operational excellence and strong teamwork.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in biosciences/biotechnology/bioprocess technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an ISO9001 or cGMP biologics manufacturing facility, including 2 years in a supervisory or managerial position
- Strong leadership abilities with capability to use diverse resources, respond quickly, understand impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to rapidly identify, adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent communication, leadership, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Consistent track record in developing and executing strategic plans
- Shown to be capable of initiating and leading technical improvement projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead people, work efficiently with all levels and functions within an organization as well as in cross functional multidisciplinary teams.
The opportunity to join global leader, and to act in a diverse team of results-oriented people is our first benefit! Next to a competitive salary, the package we offer contains a 13th check, a Bonus Plan, 28 holiday days annually and a Flex Benefits budget.
About the Company
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime