At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
The Full Service CRO Associate Director reports into the Full Service CRO Team Leader within the Global Development (GD) supporting, enabling and connecting GD’s CRO partnerships with key strategic suppliers. SP’s focus with these supplier partnerships is to put in place formal governances, goals and objectives and communication channels for the partnerships. SP also provides alliance related guidance to internal and supplier clinical teams to aid in improved partnership behaviors, performance and growth. The CRO Services component of Strategic Partnerships organization focuses on Janssen’s CRO supplier relationships. The individual in the Full Service CRO Expert role is responsible for the alliance management of one key, multi-million-dollar, multi-study alliance with one of Janssen’s key CRO suppliers. This individual also responsibilities of coordinating cross-CRO efforts supporting the Janssen Medical Affairs Organization, as well as, ad hoc SP management requests to support the business. The individual in this role is a strong change agent that can prioritize, problem-solve, simplify and effectively enable positive results within the partnership. This role requires that the individual can understand the bigger picture – act at a high level but execute solutions that are relevant and realistic at a ground level. As a member of Strategic Partnerships organization, the individual is expected to understand the needs and manage expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain a right-fitted Janssen / CRO governance structure that effectively maintains the health, measures the delivery and grows the Janssen/CRO relationship.
• Lead all governance meetings from the operational level and down for your supported partnership. This includes developing the focus, materials, and finalizing the minutes.
• Have an in-depth understanding of the structure, strategy and needs of the Janssen Medical Affairs organization and co-ordinate work requirements across SP.
• Demonstrate partnering behaviours for all associated with the alliance. Address and problemsolve systemic issues occurring in the alliance to bring appropriate awareness and to drive resolutions and improvements Integrate lessons learned through the alliance into forward activities.
• Build and maintain relationships with key business partners to ensure scope of the alliance relationship remains current and healthy.
• Connect develop strong business relationships within the SP organization.Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Master’s degree a plus.5 + years-experience working in supplier alliances.
A solid understanding of clinical research – experience specifically in clinical operations a plus.
Strong project management and analytical skills.
A consistent track record of working effectively crossorganizationally in a global environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Proven ability to execute needed changes for improvement.
Have a solid working use of Microsoft business tools and programs. i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPointPrimary Location