GREEN | GENUINE | CONNECTING
Due to the resignation of one of our beloved colleagues who went out for an amazing opportunity closer to her home, we would like to announce an open vacancy within our organization in the role of Duty Manager.Are YOU ready for your next step?Would you like to be part of a young, interactive and bustling team and environment? ibis Styles Amsterdam Airport is now recruiting a Duty Manager . For this position the hotel is currently seeking responsible creative minded socializers willing to go that step further to make guests dreaming of coming back to us, and more importantly, of meeting you again! As professional you understand the covid-19 situation the hospitality industry is facing and know now more then ever that going that step further in service for guests and that flexibility to shift with us in the right direction is very crucial. The position is more-over a true hands-on position and not a behind-your-desk position.
As a future duty manager you will be working full-time with us and be part of the duty team existing of 2 other duty managers/manager on duty. You love to share your experience, stories and ideas by attending weekly meetings with your colleague duty managers and report to the operations manager of the hotel.
Your aim is to achieve the highest possible service and quickly you will know what a true HEARTIST means. Next to performing on stage, you are the first point of contact for all operational staff members when complaints or problems arise. You're a realist and knows that sometimes complaints pop-up and can manage efficiently with them to increase the W-O-W factor. You seek project management and quality management in a department devoted to your specific needs and goals.
The ideal candidate will recognize himself/herself in the below mention and description (and will smile instantly):
- You're born with hospitality and know that we're not advertising for a 9-to-5 job. Working on bank holidays and frequently during weekends is part of the job;
- You already have a minimum 2 year experience in the front office in a role as supervisor, having experience as well in F&B will be considered as a plus;
- You know that when providing an excellent service over hours are possible;
- Guest satisfaction/interaction is your goal, whether it be in Dutch or English, a third language is considered as a plus;
- You have a social and out-going personality but knows when we need to talk about business;
- Deadlines are motivating you and likewise do you know how to keep the team motivated as well;
- Good is not always good enough for you. You aim to deliver.
In case you can recognize yourself in one of the below mentioned questions we think we might not be the ideal match:
- You'd like to quit work on time and go home;
- You don't like to help out in another area when it's not your responsibility;
- Weekends are for staying at home;
- At work you'd prefer to sit behind a desk the whole shift long;
- You'd like to do everything yourself and don't want to delegate tasks to the team;
- Preferably you would like to speak only in Dutch.
Did we trigger you? Are you sparked? ... Show us yourself by creative writing and your résumé and let us meet! Our rock stars cannot wait to get to know you! What do we expect?
What do we offer?
- MBO 4 or HBO/Bachelor Degree in hotel management;
- Expertise in Front office or Food & Beverage is a must (1-2 years in a supervisory position);
- In possession of a BHV certificate, Social Hygiëne would be considered as a major plus;
- You can sing along with us in Dutch and English, a third language would be considered a plus;
- You're out-going and pro-active;
- Passion for hospitality and responsibility;
- You don't rely on public transport and can come to work by car.
- A young and motivated team willing to go next level;
- A market onform salary;
- Travel expenses reimbursement up to maximum € 250,00;
- Become member of the Carte Bienvenue programme with loads of discounts.
Interested to take on the challenge? Send us your resumé and motivation letter for the job to Mr. J. Baeyens via the e-mailadres: HB480-OM@accor.com