Dangerous Goods Specialist
Careers that Change Lives
This role will provide business support for the development and implementation of the Dangerous Goods Managements System (“DGMS”), a multi-year project intended to automate the compliant outbound shipping of Dangerous Goods materials throughout the supply chain. The DGMS project will be rolled out to Medtronic distribution centers and manufacturing sites globally. A Day in the Life
• Support development of systems training content• Help to identify users that require training• Deploy training to system users• Offer ideas to improve the Dangerous Goods end-to-end process• Assist in documenting as-is and to-be operational flows• Assist in setting up Distribution Centers (DC’s) and Manufacturing shipping processes• Assist with DG system data maintenance and accuracy• Coordinate with carriers and other business partners to understand operational requirements• Support system testing activities• Provide general project supportMust haves
• Bachelor’s Degree• 5+ years in dangerous goods transportation and logistics• Fluent in English• Microsoft Office suite, including expertise with Excel • Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with business partners• Strong written and oral communications skills• Discretion with confidential or sensitive information• Capable of multitasking and working with changing priorities and deadlines • Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence Global Business Unit (BU), Regional and Site contacts who have responsibilities for BU and local compliance• Experience with various global dangerous goods regulations and standards (including ADR, 49 CFR, IATA, IMDG, UN Model Regulations, etc.)• Ability to comprehend complex regulatory/technical texts and interpret potential impact on operations• Proficient with SAP and Transportation Management SystemsNice to haves
• Previous experience in operational optimization, supply chain operations/management • Previous experience with industry advocacy organizations (e.g., DGAC, COSTHA, DGTA, PRBA)• Chemistry knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge to dangerous goods classifications• Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
• 28 holidays• Possibility to purchase 8 extra holidays days• Flexible working environment• Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results• Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances• Tax advantages on Commuting, Fitness plan, bicycle plan• Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract• Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)• Private Lease possibilitiesYour Answer
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 89,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 1,750 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together. Additional Information
- Posting Date: Oct 8, 2020
- Travel: Yes, < 25 % of the Time
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist