Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon hires the world's brightest minds and offers them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers.
We believe reading is essential for a healthy society; our mission is to inspire readers by making it easy to read more and get more out of reading. This spans all formats. Our vision for Kindle continues to have every book, ever written, in every language available in less than 60 seconds.We work every day on behalf of customers and readers to solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity, simplicity and the spirit of innovation that is part of our DNA—and we want you to help in our continuing mission to reinvent reading.
The Books team in Germany is looking for an enthusiastic and organized Content Manager (m/f/d) to help us to scale our business and provide strategic services to leading publishers.
The successful candidate will have exceptional project management, communication and analytic skills and big ideas on how to create great customer experiences. They will be detail-oriented, organized and capable of handling multiple projects at once, working to tight deadlines, dealing with multiple teams and corresponding with publishers. The right candidate will be ambitious and keen to move into a fast paced environment.
In this position candidates will:
· Manage strategic programs with leading publishers to create a great customer experience and help the books business and publishers grow
· Complete customer analysis, brainstorm and execute new initiatives to meet customer needs
· Analyse and track publishers' performance on key performance indicators
· Think backwards from the customer means thinking across reading/listening formats: physical books, kindle, Audible
· Work closely with the marketing, supply chain and product management teams within Books to align all efforts and deliver results
If you are ready to change the world, work hard and engage in a rapidly changing industry, this position is right for you. We offer a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be contributing to Amazon's innovation.
For this position, we expect:
· Fluent German and English language skills
· Bachelor’s or Masters degree, ideally in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
· Able to build solid relationships both internally and externally.
· Work independently on both project-based and analytical tasks
· Communicate confidently at all levels, writing effectively and demonstrating strong writing skills.
· Creatively 'think big' about new ideas to meet customers' needs
· Show strong organizational, planning, time management skills and ability to work on own initiatives
· Develop scalable approaches
· Handle analytical tools and systems: Able to process Excel spreadsheets and run database queries.
Ideally, you have these preferred qualifications:
· Past experience with digital technologies, e-commerce, supply chain and/ or content management
· Excellent business judgment
· Knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic, HTML
· A Master’s degree (preferably in business management)
• The opportunity to work for a leading global online retailer.
• An engaging working environment with excellent career progression.
• A competitive salary including stock units and other excellent benefits.
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.