As a Legal team member, you will work across BCG teams and functions to support our business growth strategy, provide counsel and expertise, drive legal innovation, and leverage the power of new ways of working.
YOU'RE GOOD ATLegal Counsel - Commercial Contracting is expected to be a seasoned and skilled lawyer, able to independently address the full range of global legal issues facing BCG and with a particular expertise in all aspects of commercial contracting. Among other things, you will:
- Be a fully integrated member of BCG's Global Legal Team, with a primary focus on commercial matters, commercial risk identification, and internal process improvement, particularly for BCG's German and greater European operations;
- Serve as champion of BCG contracting and risk management standards;
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide array of commercial agreements, including global master services agreements, licensing agreements, subcontractor and partnership agreements and nondisclosure agreements;
- Be experienced in quickly and independently drafting legal documents;
- Implement and help to develop and champion BCG contracting and other policies and processes and provide assistance to seek approvals on deviations of contract or other policies;
- The geographic focus is global, though with a significant focus on operations in Europe, especially Germany and Austria (G&A). You may also be asked to provide general counsel and advice across the full range of legal issues facing one of the world's leading multinational professional services organizations;
- Provide general counseling and management of a full spectrum of business and legal issues, which, in addition to licensing and intellectual property matters, may include transaction structuring and support, data protection, competition law and trade regulations, and conflicts of interests;
- Identify risks and issues; suggest alternative solutions;
- Team successfully across BCG and integrate fully into BCG's Global Legal Team to resolve or support resolution of complex legal issues;
- Act as bridge and point of contact between functions and business for resolving legal issues;
- Contribute to developing and maintaining Legal Team know-how and templates;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
A Legal Counsel has the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- An important part of the position is a responsive and pragmatic approach to responding to ad hoc requests from the business;
- Superior analytical skills and creative problem solving ability, with an appreciation for striking a practical balance between business and legal objectives;
- Talent for absorbing new skill sets and areas of expertise quickly and comfortably and the flexibility to deal with a diverse international set of clients and advisors;
- A team player;
- A technology and new ways of working adopter;
- The ability to quickly comprehend complex sets of laws and regulations and interpret those laws within the context of BCG's global policies;
- A positive, dynamic, client-focused approach to legal practice.
- German qualified lawyer (Achieved First and Second German Staatsexamen);
- 5+ years of commercial contracting experience with international exposure;
- 2+ years with a reputable law firm preferable; prior relevant in-house experience preferred;
- English and German fluency; additional continental European languages are a plus.