In a world with limited natural resources and a growing population, the demand for food is constantly rising. This demand poses many complicated challenges. As MEA Nutrition&Formulation Manager, you contribute to our purpose of "Feeding the Future" by taking charge of a team that is key to our value proposition, by improving its efficiency, and integrating it into our global network of formulation specialists.
If you are a passionate leader with expert in formulation with a great sense for business and are energized by having an impact on a global organization, this is the job for you!
The Nutrition & Formulation Manager is part of Middle East & Africa Export organization based in Boxmeer, the Netherlands and overseeing sales operations in the Middle East and Africa. In this role you report to the Marketing Director. The Formulation Manager is the driving force behind the Formulation & Nutrition department and will have two major responsibilities:
- The MEA Formulation Manager coordinates the discussion around formulation standards and leads the periodical formulation process with input from various stakeholders on all levels (including Global Innovation and the species nutritionist) to meet the expected performance on cost/profit and quality of premix, farm minerals, concentrates and complete feed.
- The Formulation Manager safeguards high-level nutritional standards of the product portfolio and promotes the understanding of the effect of diet on health, wellbeing and productivity of animals while keeping in mind the operational excellence and manufacturing aspects.
- The Formulation Manager also helps coordinating initiatives to improve department efficiency, and projects across departments for product development, customer support, product registration, and documentation, like labels, product data sheet and certificate of quality.
- The formulation department also contributes with marketing and technical support to sales teams, distributors, and final clients.
What we offer
As Nutreco our mission is 'Feeding the Future'. In a world with limited natural resources, our ambition is to meet the rising food needs of a growing world population in a sustainable manner. Working for Nutreco means an impactful role in an international, dynamic environment with complex and diverse topics. We offer you the opportunity to grow professionally, within Nutreco and the broader SHV group. Nutreco belongs to the SHV Family with more than 60.000 employees. There are also opportunities for growth through learning from the expertise of senior colleagues who are willing to share their knowledge.
What else is in it for you
• We will offer you a fulltime hybrid position, 40 hours per week.
• Competitive remuneration package with a good pension scheme
• Flexible work environment with option to work from home several days per week.
• You will get 30 vacation days, with the possibility to sell or purchase a limited number of days.
• Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning platform and we highly promote/create opportunities for personal and professional development
• An informal global working environment with great colleagues
• Belonging to the SHV Family with more than 60.000 employees.
What we ask:
You have a good view on internal and external best practices on Formulation and are eager to share and apply it within the company. You feel comfortable collaborating with other disciplines to achieve the best possible results and bring the resilience to say "no" when it is necessary. You can establish relationships easily and know how to approach stakeholders with new ideas. You have a natural willingness to strengthen your own knowledge and skills within the business. You have great coaching skills to support the development of your team of nutritionists and formulators, with 5 direct reports. We expect you to be flexible with different cultures, diversity, and inclusion. International travel is also expected, and you may work overseas for around 30% of your time.
What you bring
• University degree in the field of Animal Science or Food Science
• At least 10 years of work experience including 3 to 5 years in a comparable or relevant position in the animal feed industry.
• Familiar with Formulation with Linear Programming Software
• Profound knowledge of Macro and Micro Ingredients
• Understanding of supply chain & manufacturing processes and challenges
• Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams in an international environment
• Experience managing a team
• Knowledge in ERP tools, Power BI, Microsoft Office (MS Excel)
• Higher level of Programme/Project Management and Change Management experience
• excellent communication and negotiation skills, know how to convince and persuade, and always maintain a constructive, trusted relation with your stakeholders
• Fair understanding of sales & financials.
Extra information / Apply direct
Are you the enthusiastic candidate we are looking for? We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button "apply now'' and we will contact you as soon as possible. For more information regarding this vacancy, you can contact Arzu Sayin (Recruiter) at arzu.sayin[at]nutreco.com.
In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us!
For all agency's
Please be aware that acquisition based on our vacancies is not appreciated.