A SBU Lead Buyer anticipates the specific requirements for SBU projects (supplier technologies, geographical location and target costs) and supplier operational performance, and leads all costdown-related actions for her/his SBU, in liaison with group category strategies.
The main missions of the role are to (for his/her specific SBU/PDD Centre)
- Ensure Project Purchasing early involvement as of the beginning of all projects: research/product development/product lifecycle (to include ECN)
- Involve suppliers as of pre-frozen design phase - define project supplier short list within the Approved Supplier List maintained by Category Leader – escalates any issue to Group Purchasing Director for decision
- Manage supplier performance during the project phase: compare costs with objectives, ensure quality during the program phase, respect delivery deadlines and in particular ensure that project gate reviews are supported within the framework of the Project Management – maintains PCPL
- Sends RFQs to Approved Supplier List and ensures offers received are in conformance with category should-cost analysis – finds new suppliers whenever necessary (new technology/unadapted cost structure/...) and ensure they are qualified according to Handicare's standard process
- Whenever necessary, negotiates with suppliers to make sure global profitability of the project is met
- Ensure early involvement of plant Operations in project before series phase, and prepare appropriate handover material to plant (to include whenever necessary plant Logistics, Quality, a.s.o.)
- Builds up and follows up global costdown plan for her/his SBU/PDD Centre in liaison with Group Category Leaders
- Reports to Project Leaders and Group Purchasing Director on a monthly basis about project and costdown activities
- Manages SBU global relationship with current suppliers and makes sure their operational performance is aligned with business needs
- Validates any supplier contract change for her/his SBU
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Masters degree in engineering with a specialisation in international purchasing
- Minimum 3 years experience in the same level of position in an industrial environment
- Results oriented with strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed organisation
- International mind set, overseas experience a plus
- Minimum bi-lingual (fluent English required, Mandarin or any European language is an asset)
Over de werkgever
Handicare Stairlifts B.V. is one of the international market leaders where around 500 professionals work on the best stair lifts every day. In 2018, we produced and installed more than 38,000 Handicare stairlifts so that our customers can continue living safely and independently in their own houses. From Heerhugowaard (NL) and Kingswinford (UK), Handicare Stairlifts B.V. develops, produces and sells stair lifts for all types of stairs, all over the world. Handicare Stairlifts B.V. is active in 32 countries and has branches in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, China, United States, France and Germany.
Uren per week:
Handicare Stairlifts B.V.
Lisanne de Haas
Handicare Stairlifts B.V.
| E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org