Are you our new Data Science leader and do you want to know everything about the operations behind every flight? If you can answer this question with a yes, then keep on reading!
Our whole company is one giant optimization puzzle. Can we reduce food waste by accurately predicting the number of passengers 14 days in advance? How can we optimize our crew rosters so that we can accommodate the personal preferences of all our crew members? What is the most efficient aircraft for each flight to minimize fuel consumption and environmental impact?
In a major European airline operating at one of the busiest airports in the world, there is always a Data Science challenge waiting for you.
KLM is in a rapidly changing environment where it aims to become the most data & technology-driven airline in the world. To achieve this, we have changed the way we support our business with Data & Technology. The business platforms where business and IT have joint responsibilities are the core of this new organization.
We are looking for a Data Science Leader for our Business Platform Flight who will guide our Data Scientists and Data Analysts and help us set up our future proof Data Science platform.
Are you ready to embark?What are you going to do?
We need your experience to help us change the way KLM works, to inspire and drive innovation and to transform us into a data-driven organization.
You are a member of the Platform Leadership Team. Together with your fellow Data Science Leader you support the Director of Technology to identify and implement innovative technologies, and you advise the Director of Product and business owners in determining new Data Science opportunities.
You are the manager of a team of up to 10 Data Scientists and Data Analysts. As such you are responsible for the quality and performance of their contribution to the teams and for their well-being and job satisfaction. Next to that, you have time to work on the development of Data Science products, as a developer or as a lead for complex projects.
Where do you land?
You play a leading role in the Community of Practice of Data Scientists that catalyzes the spreading of new ideas, technologies and best practices. And you join forces with the Data Science Leaders from other platforms to devise common practices.
You will be working with a small, dedicated, and enthusiastic product team on a day-to-day basis, surrounded by a larger bunch of creative minds. All working on crew rostering, catering, crew pre- and on flight support and aircraft communication systems to create a memorable experience for our passengers and crew. You will land in an inspiring workplace at Schiphol East, where flexibility, creativity, autonomy and personal ownership are core values.Your profile
• You are an expert, with extensive experience in either Operations Research or Machine Learning and familiar with both.
• You have up-to-date knowledge on state-of-the-art technologies and industry best practices, and you are experienced in applying data science in a business context.
• You have a strong agile mind set, you lead by example and promote and stimulate empowerment of teams and people.
• You are a subject matter expert to peers and management.
• You can think and act tactically but also to initiate and implement change.
• You are prepared to travel to nearshore and offshore locations.
• You should also recognize yourself in the following competences: impact, innovation, technical skill and competence, providing direction, customer-focused, organizational awareness & organizational sensitivity.
• You are fluent in English and Dutch.
• You are a EU resident
According to research, women are less inclined to apply than men do if they do not meet all the job requirements. We think that is a shame, because as far as we are concerned, 'the perfect candidate' male or female is a myth. If you have the ambition to grow in all aspects of this role, we look forward to your application.
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands
- A gross salary between €4.753,29 and €6.790,42 per month (depending on your level and experience)
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities
- A good pension scheme, end of the year bonus and 8 percent holiday pay
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months)
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol
- Discount of your health insurance
- A personal budget for sustainable employability
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on the 4th of September! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks you will receive a message from us.