Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Capacity Management to be located in Raritan, NJ; Titusville, NJ; Chesterbrook, PA; Leiden, Netherlands; or Beerse, Belgium. A hybrid, on-site presence is highly preferred though remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
This Associate Director, Capacity Management role will support the Janssen R&D PMO in delivering business insights related to capacity management to the Medical Affairs Operations (MAO) senior leadership to drive faster decision making and action. This position will serve as the single point of contact and lead for MAO as well as overall managerial responsibility for a team of Capacity Management staff members.
Excellent polished communication skills are required to translate complex technical approaches to simple clear recommendations for decision making. A clear understanding of the business environment with strong organizational awareness will also be important for success.
Strategic thinking and a strong ability to network successfully across lines and organizations to drive strategy forward is needed for success.
· Provide direction, manage day to day activities, and assess performance of direct reports
· Enable a high performing team culture and highly collaborative environment
· Understand stakeholder's business needs and design appropriate approach to address
· Partner with other PMO, MAO, and other Functional leaders, as needed, to drive new analytics and visualizations
· Continually assess resource demand forecast model accuracy and recommend options for improvement; perform annual validation of algorithms
· Interpret and put into context analytical findings for impacted business stakeholders
· Create and deliver crisp and impactful presentations of findings to internal and external stakeholders for decision making; Communicate generated insight and recommended business actions to stakeholders in an easily digestible fashion
· Drive for consistent and repeatable analysis and presentation across multiple functional areas
· Engage key stakeholders in an business partner capacity to integrate the value of predictive analytics into the fabric of decision makingQualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Advanced Degrees are preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Prior experience in a supervisory role is required.
- Knowledge of planning or forecasting for Medical Affairs teams is strongly preferred
- Capacity management and portfolio management experience preferred.
- Drug development experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Planisware, Tableau, or Machine Learning is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills including: customer focus, analytical thinking, strategic thinking, big picture problem solving, excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical problems into simple to understand solutions is required.
- Innovative thinking to recommend and apply solutions to leadership questions is required.
- Excellent partnering skills to foster collaboration across organizational boundaries is required.
- This position will be located either in Beerse, Leiden, Raritan, Titusville and will require up to 10%-20% domestic and international travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Chesterbrook, United States-New Jersey-Titusville, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)