Are you a person with a passion to cook? Are you eager to learn? And have you always wanted to work in a diverse kitchen team in a large internation hotel kitchen? Please apply for our Kitchen apprentice position!
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre has a Lobby & Lounge bar, a la carte restaurant, In room dining and 11 meeting rooms. Because of these different facilities, we have three different kitchens where you will work, as besides the a la carte dishes, we also take care of a lot of meetings/ catering.
The main responsibilities include:
- Preparing high quality culinary dishes
- Mise en Place activities such as washing, cutting and pre-cooking
- Preparing plates through a la minute cooking techniques
- Portioning and garnishing of dishes and controlling the presentation according to the recipes
- Making simple dishes for the personnel
- Front cooking for our a la carte restaurant Silk Road
- Working with banqueting sheets to prepare coffee-breaks, lunches and dinners for our (meeting) groups.
- Cleaning of the workplaces, kitchenequipment- and machines, cleaning hand tools and kitchen material, disposal of waste.
- Following the rules and regulations of the ARBO and HACCP rules
- An education (BBL) to become a cook, level 2, 3 and 4
- A eager to learn, ambituous character and like to accept challenges.
- Passion for the job
- Team player skills
- A flexible attitude qua worktimes ( mornings, evenings, weekends and Public holidays)
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and/or English language is mandatory
- Some experience in the kitche is a pré
- 32,15-hours work week (4 days at work, 1 day at school)
- An apprentice salary according to the Horeca CAO
- Travel allowance from 10 km travel distance with a max of € 127,- netto per month
- Sunday allowance of 5% and Night allowance of 20%
- Working in a young and enthusiastic team
- Working in a hotel (chain) with many opportunities
- Uniform, shoes and laundry service form the hotel
- During the apprenticeship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
- A lot of develop opportunities within Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.