Product Developer Amsterdam
Are you a born problem solver? Will you take on any challenge? This role is a mix of admin tasks, working together with other departments and turning ideas into action. We are looking for a Product Developer for knit products for an international & fashion brand. Please note, the deadline to apply is Friday, September 24th at 17:00.
As the Product Developer Knits, you need to be passionate about fashion and preferably have experience with knitwear. You will be reporting to the Manager of Product Development. You will be presented with complicated scenarios, but you will find a way to make it happen.
The Product Developer is coordinating the product development process from sketch until final product in stores. The product is developed, produced, controlled, and achieved based on the standards and goals established in the division
As the Product Developer Knits, you will:
- Working together with the design team for initial sourcing initiatives based on drafts received from the product merchandising team. The goal is to strive for innovation and competitive pricing;
- Communicating closely with the design team during the development process by providing advice on cost complications and quality risks;
- Reviewing lead times of fabrics and determining sourcing strategies accordingly;
- Be responsible for product management throughout the development process, by attending key meetings and advising on possible improvements of product and margins;
- Working closely with the buying department throughout the development and production process to come up with the FOB prices and ensure margins are achieved;
- Ensuring timeliness on bulk orders and pre-ordering of raw materials;
- Assisting vendors during production;
- Checking results for materials and garments and working together with Risk & Quality on any issues;
- Assisting and consulting on any other operational activities including product management- and administrative activities;
- Ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data in the system;
- Determining vendor allocation together with the buying department and monitor for changes;
- Managing learning and development of the Product Development team;
- Providing analyses and reporting on KPIs related to product development (e.g. margins, vendor performance, season evaluation).
Skills & Requirements:
- Degree in textile education;
- At least 3-5 year of experience in development, sourcing and production, preferably in knitwear;
- Experience with PLM and/or Excel;
- Fluent in English, written and verbal;
- Excellent time management and very strong organizational skills;
- A confident team player;
- Ability to change and adjust to new systems and set ups;
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams and efficient problem solving skills.
What you can expect from our client:
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality;
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule;
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon the return to the office.
Over de werkgever
The European head office of this international fashion & lifestyle brand is based in Amsterdam. The company's style is classic American with a twist. Dynamic, international, and open-minded describes the company's culture at best.
Wat wij bieden
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience? Please send us your CV with a short letter of motivation. For more information feel free to call us at 020-5738383.
Please note that we agreed with our cl