Field Service Engineer TEM
Job Title:Field Service Engineer TEM
Requisition ID: 166229BR
Location/Division Specific Information
You will become a member of the Benelux Materials and Structural Analysis Field Service team, servicing Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM) primarily at customer sites within the Benelux countries with opportunities to support colleagues within the region from time to time.
Check out these video’s and our landing page to get more insight into what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes.
- Overview of our instruments
- About our site in Eindhoven
- Corporate organization
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope
- How to make a microscope
How will you make an impact?
This role suits for a candidate who enjoys working in a high-paced environment. Your proactive approach, team spirit and eagerness to continuously develop your skills are what will ultimately drive our success. Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with opportunity for professional and personal growth.
What will you do?
- Performing field service activities, including on-site installation, upgrades, preventive maintenance and system repairs.
- Solving a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexityboth on-site and remote
- Coordinating your own work schedule with direct colleagues, service operations and management.
- Instructing customers in the use of our instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations
- Providing proactive and responsive technical telephone and email support, ensuring that our customers are successful in the use of their instrumentation
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
- Assuring highest level of Customer Experience to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Providing sales leads to account manager
- Providing feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating procedures.
- In this role you should expect to be travelling 30% of your time.
How will you get here?
- Typically requires a Bsc or MSc degree or equivalent qualification in mechatronics, electronics/engineering or other applicable experience in a high-tech environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Driving license
- Analytical trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities
- IT skills, including TCP/IP networking
- A natural interest in staying up to date with trends in technology and IT
- Excellent communication skills in English. Dutch and/or French language skills are an advantage
- Knowledge of Electron Microscopes is an advantage but not a requirement
- Independent, service-minded and educational in the approach towards customers
- Highly organized, on top of things and in control of administrative work, including service reports and customer queries, also when being in the field and the pace is high
- A strong team contributor, working remotely with the ability to connect with colleagues in the region
- Commercial and service-minded
- Self-starter, likes to be challenged
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visitwww.thermofisher.com.
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime