Do you have what it takes? Are you looking for a job in a brand new hotel? Do you have the Yes I Can attitude?! Then we have the job for you as Front Office Supervisor in our brand new Radisson Hotel & Suites Amsterdam South! We are looking for a guest service supervisor who is a great team leader and has a true hospitality mindset!
We at Cycas Hospitality have a team of dedicated crew members that get to be their true selves so that they can deliver positively OUTRAGEOUS service
! We put people at the heart of everything we do and are looking to recruit a friendly, spirited, fun and outgoing new Guest Service Supervisor for our new hotel!What will I do?
What are we looking for?
- You assist our Operations Manager by being the best welcome host you can be. It's vital that our guests are warmly welcomed, as you read and respond appropriately to what they want and need.
- You act as a role model for your team members, as you plan, organize and assign work. You train, inspire and motivate your team to make sure they meet our main goal; happy guests!
- You are an excellent problem solver and do not shy away from a challenge, as you creatively and with a sense of humour solve our guest's issues and complaints.
- You excel in OPERA knowledge! There is not a single corner of the system you don't know your way with!
- You want to work together in a team; you help in all other aspects of a hotel such as the bar, breakfast and housekeeping whenever this is needed.
- Assist guests in the desirable, friendly, courteous and professional manner with registration and check out, ensuring that any special requirements are noted and passed to the appropriate department. Each guest is different, and so is your approach!
- Direct the day to day activities of your team; plan, organise and assign work and advise your team of formal policies and procedures
- Ensure your department rolls out and adheres to Radisson standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all complaints are dealt with appropriately taking on the authority to resolve any concerns and requests raised and discuss accordingly with the operations manager if needed.
- Monitor all guest accounts ensuring that charges posted are correct and that supporting documentation is readily available.
- Manage the operation of the hotel switchboard to the Company standard, ensuring that all messages are correctly handled.
- Be aware of and operate the hotel cash handling, security and emergency procedures and report any discrepancies to the Operations Manager immediately. Ensure banking of monies is completed accurately by all members of the Front Office team.
- Make sure that you and your team are able to deal efficiently with reservation requests, confirmation of bookings and special requests and communicate this with the reservations agent accordingly.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel rates and terms of business, taking every opportunity to up sell rooms, together with your team.
- Take every opportunity to explain the facilities to our guests and potential guests.
- Support and lead all members of the team to achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager or General Manager as required.
- Act as the Manager on Duty.
What we give in return!
- Front Office experience, preferably within Radisson & with Opera
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Not afraid to make decisions independently and in cooperation with the Ops. Manager
- Customer focused "Yes I Can''-mentality
- Passionate about people and teamwork
- Keen eye for details
- Enthusiasm & a true team player
- Friendly and service oriented
- Experience managing a culturally divers team
- Experience in a similar role for 2-5 years
- A valid residence and working permit for the Netherlands is required
- English speaking; Dutch is not mandatory
- Willing to work different shifts, including weekends & holidays
- A fun, spirited workplace where we put people at the heart of everything and our team get to be their true self!
- A family of associates with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- The best project you will ever work on is you! So let us help you grow with our guidance and training possibilities.
- Being part of a fast growing hospitality company; Cycas Hospitality
- Great travel discounts
- Being part of the team from the beginning of this new hotel on!