Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
At Amazon, we actively hire ex-military (serving or former member of your country's Armed Forces), serving members of your country’s Reserve Forces and military spouses in a wide variety of careers.
Amazon’s military recruiting team is available to discuss the many opportunities within Amazon Operations.
At Amazon, thousands of former military are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe. We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the robust programs Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including a vast internal network of Amazonians that offer mentoring, learnings, and support.
Here at Amazon we are currently looking to hire an experienced Senior Operations Manager to join the team and play a critical role in the overall management of Inbound or Outbound operation in one of our Fulfilment Centers.
The role will be responsible for Operations and Area Managers, and reports to the General Manager. The role includes the overall management, control and direction of Inbound or Outbound distribution operations and will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FC provides to our customers, resulting in exceeded productivity goals and the delivery to our customer promise.
· Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/ Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain Amazon’s Business Plan
· Manage a team of 10 to 20 with responsibility of a department of up to 1000 employees off peak within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment
· Set/ clarify requirements and expectations for Operations Managers, Area Managers and Team Leaders
· Measure performance through metrics, providing feedback, and holding Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
· As needed partner with Managers to establish corrective plans to insure that department meets objectives
· Leverage ideas of Area Managers and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the FC
· Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
· Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department
· Work closely with support staff (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety Manager, Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures
· Manage and promote the maintenance of the working environment including driving health and safety standards across your operational area
· Ensure security procedures are followed at all times
· Maintains a complete management overview and thorough understanding of inventory in a multi-product automated environment
· Achieve stock accuracy targets
· Implements change and/or develops new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies
· Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals
· Improve quality and eliminate errors, reduce cost per unit
· Manage and report metrics daily
· candidate has the opportunity to develop quickly and grow toward future increased responsibility. National and EU geographic flexibility would be an advantage for future opportunities
· Strong senior operations team leadership experience (manufacturing, production or distribution environments) in a similar fast-paced environment.
· Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture and long term vision for the department.
· Able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and posses a preparedness to get involved if needed.
· Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment.
· Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as required, to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
· Excellent judgment to ensure timely decisions are made on a regular basis. Demonstrated ability to get things done and be resourceful.
· Maintain effective pace and produces conclusive, measurable results within time commitments.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· High dependability – able to manage a business that can operate 24/7 (including holidays) and commit the time required to get the job done.
· Demonstrate ability to manage, motivate, and influence team behaviours (including people management processes).
· Practiced working knowledge of Six Sigma tools (preferred Black Belt qualified) and Lean techniques
· Qualification(s) in Operations, Engineering, Logistics or similar.
· An MBA would also be an advantage
· Business fluency in German and English
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and cover letter (both written in English) by clicking on “online bewerben”, stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.