Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
As an Amazon Air construction manager you will be a part of creative, efficient team tasked with tackling fascinating challenges constructing of Amazon Air sites. You will be responsible for managing project from inception through planning, design and construction.
Amazon Air is a global, customer-centric transportation provider that safely delivers low cost, high quality service. Amazon Air accomplishes its vision through a talented, inclusive, and diverse team, leveraging innovative technologies and a sustainability-aware mindset! You can “take off” and “soar” your career at Amazon Air.
This opportunity requires a person who can demonstrate proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing air cargo buildings.
Would you like an opportunity to travel and work in multiple countries and cultures?
The role will be based in Germany and will include frequent travel to all various locations within the Amazon Air network.
· Construction project management and oversight of construction related to new builds or expansions. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget.
· Direct interface with construction general contractors during the bidding, award, execution, and project closeout/punch list phases.
· Work with general contractors and vendors to deliver efficient and high quality project turn-overs.
· Lead negotiations with general contractors and evaluate bids/proposals with detail and accuracy.
· Creation of construction project scope and request for proposals.
· Facilitate and team with others on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
· Capital requests/financial analysis of construction work including change orders, purchase orders, and invoicing.
· Recording and reporting key construction metrics to team members and management.
· Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision-making, resolve escalation issues between the teams and help requests.
· Provide technical direction within engineering design, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials
· Construction project quality control including the creation of a commissioning plan and support of the commissioning process. Addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues
· Coach and guide all project teams (sub-contractors, maintenance engineers and commissioning engineers) throughout the full project life cycle
· Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor are appropriate to need and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed
· Oversee multiple projects in various locations simultaneously
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field
· Experience in construction management of large scale and complex projects
· Experience operating within at least two disciplines within the construction industry, such as General Contracting, Owner’s Representation, Commercial Development, or Engineering and Design, or similar
· Experience managing both new builds and the enhancement of existing logistics / industrial buildings
· Fluency in German and English
· Experience directly related to the design or construction of Air cargo facilities and Apron development
· Experience with construction and building permits in EU
· Experience in an automated package sortation environment
· Certifications such as PMP / Prince
· Ability to travel to our gateways and air hub sites
· French, Polish, Arabic are considered preferred qualification
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.