Senior Operations Manager – Motors and Generators
Senior Operations Manager – Motors and GeneratorsTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. The Senior Operations Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and lead the local site service operations to deliver operational excellence and profitable growth. Your highly effective leadership skills are critical when managing a electric Motor & Generator production environment offering both shop & field-based service solutions.Your health and safety expertise is exceptional and a 1st priority every day. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. This role will report to the Hydro and Repairs Network Leader, NA Services. ABB will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Canada for this opening. ABB does not provide Visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future.
- Overall ownership, operations execution and project leadership of the Repair Center
- Ensure compliance with all customers, internal and external and contract requirements
- Interface and manage projects as necessary with the marketing, sales, commercial, operations, quality, and engineering teams
- Drive for excellence in the key areas of cost control, Environmental Health and Safety standards, LEAN and Quality, and overall productivity
- Provide effective team leadership to enhance cost effectiveness and create a lean, consistent
- and effective workforce
- Identify local service opportunities.
- Maintain compliance of ABB policies and quality initiatives
- Interface with Customers regarding work in progress, service offerings, and other service related activities
- Maintain positive and constructive union / employee relations
- P&L responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Management from an accredited university of
- college or equivalent (10 years) business experience
- Minimum of 5 years operations / project management / product management experience including technical, administrative, financial and
- Knowledge of electrical equipment including motors & generators, switchgear, transformers
- Field installation or plant operations experience Prior leadership experience as MSO or Cell Leader
- Technical, commercial, and sales experience and understanding of the Repair Services business
- Ability to work and lead in a matrix organization with strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Union relations experience
- Self-starter with strong leadership, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten