Field Service Engineer Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Service Engineer, you will execute service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. You will be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams, acting as the technical point of contact while delivering quality and satisfying customer service. You will be responsible for providing routine maintenance and on-site or remote technical support regarding ABB frequency inverters (from Low Voltage for general purpose up to medium voltage (MV) applications, AC to DC). The position involves approximately 95% of mobility, as you will be providing hands-on assistance at customer sites. After a training period during which you will become familiar with our electrical frequency inverters and their applications, you will join a team of 10 colleagues delivering specialist services to our customers installations.
- Performing service tasks like installation and commissioning of frequency inverters and/or any peripheral equipment, identifying technical problems, making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.)
- Implementing digital services (remote connection, condition monitoring, etc.)
- Carrying out planned preventive maintenance or corrective maintenance consisting of solving and rectifying faults in the frequency inverters and/or any peripheral equipment
- Giving technical advice or training with regard to maintenance and operation of frequency inverters
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, appreciating their needs and providing specialist assistance and solutions
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews
- Troubleshooting equipment failure and making recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- A technical education (bachelor or master) preferably in the field of electromechanical/energy engineering
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing (professionally or in a private context)
- A first experience is a nice asset but not a must
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Good command of the Dutch or French languages in word and writing.
- Given the nature of the job, flexibility with regard to working hours is a requirement. This means, among other things, running on a regular basis 24/7 standby services.
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten