Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
At Amazon Games, we believe that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities, a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If this sounds exciting to you, please apply to join our diverse team and help us create amazing experiences!
At Amazon Games, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Prime Gaming, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
This position entails leading the testing effort of one of more titles from start to finish -- test planning, test execution, tooling and automation initiatives, leading a diverse team of contract testers or outsourced vendors, reporting project status and signing off on the release criteria. You will have the opportunity to partner with other disciplines and represent Amazon Games to our various partners.
The main difference from other Sr. Test Lead roles is that at Amazon Games Studios you will: get involved earlier and make a greater impact on projects; be in a position to help design and define our quality assurance standards from the ground up; and be challenged to step beyond merely testing and truly affect overall quality (i.e. quality assurance). It’s an exciting responsibility and a great opportunity for the right candidate.
· 6+ years of overall software QA/development experience.
· 6+ years of experience testing across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, etc.).
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· Demonstrated experience leading medium to large test teams
· Demonstrated success in executing test plans, test cases and automated test suites.
· Demonstrated experience developing high quality test plans, test designs, test strategies, and test execution.
· Solid understanding of how games and supporting services work
· Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the product development cycle.
· Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness.
· Experience in scripting, user-level test automation and performing white-box testing.
· Experience with supporting a live service post initial release.
· Experience with specialized and technical testing. Examples include security, network protocols, multiplayer features, stress and performance testing, or publisher certification.
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills, with the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and report results.
· Familiarity with release management and/or community engagement job roles.
· ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus.
· Passion for and knowledge of games and digital / online entertainment
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.