We are looking for a Partner Solutions Architect to work with top ISVs to integrate AWS database services into their solutions. This is a hands-on, highly technical position for someone who can dive deep, build complex, AWS-optimized architectures, and develop a long-term strategy with AWS business development and service teams.
As a great candidate, you will have:
· Deep technical experience working with relational database solutions. (Your experience should not be limited to systems administration, as some depth of DBA knowledge will be required.)
· Years of hands-on experience with one or more of Amazon Aurora, RDS Oracle DB, MS SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
· Additional experience with non-relational databases, such as columnar data stores, NoSQL, and graph databases would be even better.
· Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building solutions that run in virtualized environments.
Roles and Responsibilities
· As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
· Educate customers/partners of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community.
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs.
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers/partners to enable them to be cloud advocates.
· Act as a technical liaison between customers/partners, service engineering teams and support.
This position can be based in Madrid, Milan, Lisbon or Barcelona.
· 5+ years building solutions with or for databases.
· 5+ years of highly technical, hands-on job experience.
· Consultative skills: 3+ years of customer-facing experience.
· Experience with database cross platform and cross engine migration.
· Experience with platform and infrastructure bench-marking
· Language: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English required. Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese or Italian highly desired.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Strong knowledge of information security best practices.
· Experience with data center network technologies.
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and developers.
· Expert software architecture skills and experience building complex software systems.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.