At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are looking for an exceptional Regional Event Security Manager to think big, lead and manage our public event security operations in Germany and the wider EMEA region. We insist on strong leadership and clear direction for our regional security partners to deliver success and relentlessly strive for an exciting, safe customer experience. We take ownership of our public event security, we show bias for action to deliver results and work hard to earn trust with new and existing partners.
The successful candidate will be a clear leader who consistently raises the bar with laser focus on customer safety and security at our public events. You will inspire others to improve. You will insist on the highest standards of risk management for a growing diversity of customer focused activities in Europe. You will identify and develop excellent regional security partnerships, work seamlessly with many Amazon teams and communicate effectively with absolute clarity in English and German languages. You will co-ordinate internal and external partners to ensure continuity of security. You will be flexible and capable of adjusting to new security challenges with passion.
At Amazon it’s always Day 1. Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 14 leadership principles to guide us in our every-day decision making and consciously strive to fulfill our mission to be Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company.
Position will be located in Munich, Germany.
· Develop, manage and deliver bespoke security plans for a variety of Amazon public events.
· Demonstrate strategic security planning, forecasting, prioritization and delegation.
· Manage multiple public events and activities in Germany and throughout EMEA region.
· Developing and ownership of security and safety vendor engagement at strategic and operational levels.
· Develop, implement and communicate security and safety plans to customers and partners.
· Demonstrate clear understanding of regional threats and potential implications to our business.
· Insist on the highest standards of public safety and risk assessment.
· Maintain detailed awareness of COVID-19 legacy mitigation techniques and adapt immediately to changing international restrictions.
· Strong ownership and established trust with our partner network including law enforcement, local authorities, venue management, industry peers, production teams and medical personnel.
· Invent and simplify security processes and technology to maximize our customer safety.
· Submit timely, comprehensive reports to managers and partners in English.
· Develop, manage and support executive or talent protection operations.
· Relentless flexibility and delivery of success for a diversity of security tasks that may be unrelated to public events.
· Always think big, innovate, experiment and improve security strategy to delight our customers.
· Deliver clear, effective security briefings and de-briefings orally and in writing with customers, managers and partners in English and German.
· Prepare and manage security operating budgets, manage local financial and record operational data.
· 5+ years of event security management at senior level.
· Degree level education from an accredited university or equivalent.
· Excellent law enforcement management experience with evidence of public event security coordination, or strong corporate security background with demonstrable public event coordination experience.
· Proven team leader.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English and German.
· Evidence of managing emergency procedures in a public event environment.
· Proven bias for action; clear ability to identify risk and taking ownership to resolve issues.
· Strong evidence of consistent high judgement within complex risk-based operations.
· Demonstrable success working in a fast-paced, diverse partnership environment.
· Ability to meet critical deadlines.
· Strong ability to deliver results without close supervision.
· Proven ability to innovate, make bold decisions and earn trust with partners and customers.
· Must be prepared to travel extensively throughout Germany and EMEA.
· 5+ years’ International security / risk management experience.
· Demonstrable problem solving, analytical thinking and conflict resolution background.
· Knowledge of Amazon security systems, technology and processes.
· Ability to work constructively within complex multi-partnership teams.
· Accredited IOSH, minimum graduate level, Chartered Member preferred.
· Excellent IT skills – in particular database management and MS Office.
· Proven discretion and diplomacy skills.
· Executive / talent protection experience.
· Desire to excel with high diverse workloads and ability to work alone.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.