Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Structures Engineer at Damen Naval, you will be at the forefront of ship structure engineering, utilizing innovative 2D and 3D modelling software to meet client and regulatory requirements. Working alongside a team of structural engineers and analysts under the guidance of a Team Lead, you will contribute to the creation of construction plans, drawings, and arrangements while considering factors like weight, producibility, and maintainability.
As Structures Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop construction plans, section, and foundation drawings, as well as outer deck arrangements using 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Collaborate with a dynamic team to deliver top-notch solutions to our clients.
- Assist in technical analysis and ensure full compliance with applicable requirements and specifications.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the engineering department and the establishment of project standards.
Skills & experience
To excel as Structures Engineer, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Secondary vocational education (MBO-4) related to the structures discipline.
- At least two years of experience in ship structure engineering, coupled with knowledge of structures, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Familiarity with class and statutory regulations, along with proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD systems (Cadmatic Hull, Catia, or Solidworks).
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn from others.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Structures Engineer, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
For more information about the vacancy or Damen Naval, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Naval Career website or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1