Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here's what we'll do together:
G-Star is looking for an experienced Digital Tech (DevOps) manager to join the Digital Tech team. The Digital Tech-team (+-30 FTE) is based in our Amsterdam headquarters and consists of several squads working on technical support and new functionalities for the online presence of G-Star at www.g-star.com and our mobile app. In this technical role you will be involved in many aspects of the software development lifecycle: from gathering & refining technical requirements to implementing new tech features and functionality, to running/monitoring them in our global platform worldwide.
The Digital Tech manager is responsible for driving the growth and stability of the G-Star Digital technology platforms by delivering technology solutions and the Digital roadmap:
- Within the Tech team of the Digital and Ecom department you will be responsible to lead the technical teams that focus on DevSecOps and development in the landscape.
- You will be driving digital tech projects to deliver the Web/App/integrations and infrastructure solutions to realize the required business value, to optimize the efficiency of the development squads, to optimize our time-to-market of new solution, and you support teams and product owners in making the right decisions.
- You are up-to-date on market innovations and trends and can make use of this broad knowledge to drive innovations, new ways of working, staying up to date on industry best practices to support our growth ambitions.
- Improve and automate processes across the squads and online teams, to decrease manual work and increase department’s efficiency.
- Making sure that the technology and the DevSecOps experts are used optimally to achieve the highest business priority goals.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Designs, proposes and implements digital technology strategies to meet our digital and ecommerce requirements supporting short and long-term business needs.
- Manages Tech operations and services to meet Digital, IT, Marketing and Security requirements, supporting short and long-term needs.
- Leads the technology suppliers, (experienced) developers and involved vendors to increase the speed of project deliveries and maximizing the efficiencies in the landscape.
- Coordinates, manages, monitors, and improves both existing & new tech and related processes including change management, release management and incident management.
- Reports on progress, impediments and build exemplary cases for decision making by the Digital Management Team
Here's what you bring to the table:
- Knowledge within an E-commerce environment with a clear understanding of the metrics that drive online and platform performance
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project and change management expertise
- Proven experience with managing DevSecOps teams
- At least 4 years of proven experience with managing remote and offshore agile supplier teams
- Work experience as developer, cloud, database or devops-engineer required
- At least two years of hands-on experience with DevOps in AWS or GCP
- Proven experience with performance optimization, root cause analysis and security testing
- Experience with SAP CX (/Hybris) or using similar tools preferred
- Experience with big data lakes, cloud integrations, CDN’s, GIT, Jenkins, New relic, ELK-stack, SQL, GA>M or using similar tools preferred
- Experience in the areas of XaaS, Cloud, Analytics and IoT
- Proven experience of working within business transformation projects within complex technical and cultural environments.
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong team player
- Very hands-on cooperation at working level, yet also communicating at stakeholder level
- Communicative, pro-active, motivating, providing direction
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket/GIT
- A pro-active, practical and hands-on approach
- High learning capabilities
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, fluency in English
Requirements & Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / software engineering or better
- Work experience and skills: >4 years Project management with agile and digital technology projects
- Other characteristics/ personal characteristics: communicative, adaptable, pro-active, motivating, providing direction
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.