Eneco has an ambitious growth agenda. Due to the rapid growth of renewable energy sources (mainly wind and solar) in Eneco's portfolio, the optimization of our assets is becoming increasingly challenging. We are building our own optimization platform for the future to efficiently control more than 10.000 distributed energy resources. On various level of detail, the assets in Eneco's portfolio are optimized to maximize their value and help balance the electricity grid. We model the behavior of the assets using MIPs and the Gurobi solver. As an intern at Energy Operations, you will contribute to the improvement of the asset models that result in optimal operations of the Eneco portfolio.Is this about you?
- You have the working and thinking level of a Master student, preferably with a technical background;
- You have a can-do mentality and work independently and proactively;
- You have good communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and verbally;
- Experience with optimization problems (e.g. LP/MIP/QDP);
- Experience with programming (e.g. with Phyton);
- Professional knowledge of the energy world and/or IT is a plus.
- Identify improvements to the current asset modelling logic according to literature;
- Build your own asset optimization model that incorporates identified improvements;
- Validate and test the performance of the new asset model.
A corporate that is big enough to get things done with the flexibility and innovative power of a startup. You will be working in a beautiful modern and light building, in a location that is easily accessible: a 2-minute walk from metro and train station Rotterdam-Alexander. Eneco is active in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France and the United Kingdom. The Energy Operations team consists of 14 people. We rely heavily on IT-driven processes.