The roleAt Talpa eCommerce we're tackling the fast & exciting world of high-volume real-time auctions. We have ambitions to continue our international expansion and punch above our weight on the eCommerce scene. And for this, we need a pragmatic & experienced engineer to join our Hammer Backend team and help us drive these plans. How to do this, you ask? The Hammer Backend owns the auction platform. This includes the API layer, the back-end, integrations with 3rd parties as well as the back-office. It's the nexus around which the other services gravitate. And we're working on splitting the platform into individual services based on their business domain and rebuilding it service by service. As you can imagine, this is a massive challenge and this is why we need you.
Hammer Backend tech stack: PHP 8.0, Symfony 3.4, Zend framework (being phased out), Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MySQL, LXD, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.What are you bringing?
- Strong experience building and running PHP and Symfony back-ends
- Desire to improve the status quo, to achieve results, and to make an impact for your customers.
- You own the code and the technical solution, and this is normal for you. You are responsible to deliver your own code from the first line till production and also maintaining / monitoring it on production
- Familiarity with best practices & common design patterns (DDD, OOD, SOLID, YAGNI, KISS, DRY, etc).
- Understanding of RDBMs (PostgreSQL or MySQL/MariaDB) as well as NoSQL databases (eg Redis, DynamoDB)..
- Experience or eagerness to learn and work with Kafka event bus as well as APIs (REST, RPC, GraphQL).
- The conviction that tested code is better code - and that tests are not just an afterthought or an impediment.
- Solid compensation, pension contribution & 24 days of vacation
- A great company culture where people are encouraged to speak their mind, strict no blame policy, "you build it, you own it" mentality. In general we strive to create a very safe, fair and warm environment.
- International environment with 20 nationalities in the Product & Tech department. We speak English when we don’t use GIFs to make a point
- A place to grow your career to the next level: we support and encourage everybody to take the lead, go outside the comfort zone and try new things
- Your choice of MacBook Pro or a PC. Freedom to run any OS you prefer
- Hybrid way of working (3 days in the office, 2 days from home)
- Weekly Bootcamps, Yoga classes. Friday afternoon drinks
- Hackathons / Workshops/ Tech Demos / periodic feedback sessions / periodic employee surveys - all in the pursuit of better collaboration and continuous improvement
- Regular celebrations and parties (hosted online during Covid-19 restrictions).
- Our Tech Radar - where we are and where we're going - https://radar.emesa.nl/radar.html
- Programming languages: PHP, Python, Typescript
- DB & Data: MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, Airflow
- DevOps toolset: GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, LXD
- Infrastructure: AWS & OnPrem
- Automation: Robot Framework, Selenium, SonarQube, Browserstack
- Monitoring: NewRelic, Grafana, ELK, Sentry
- Communication/ Collaboration: Atlassian, Slack, Office 365/ MS teams
Would you like to join our team? Please apply online via the button below. For more information check the Talpa eCommerce company website and our labels Vakantieveilingen.nl, Vakantieveilingen.be, Actievandedag.nl, Actievandedag.be, Vavabid.be, SlajeSlag.nl and Aladoo.de.