REGIONAL SALES MANAGER CARDIAC ABLATION SOLUTIONS BENELUX
Careers that Change Lives
To support our CVG Business (Cardio Vascular Group) within the Cardiac Ablation Solutions operating unit for the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg (Benelux), we are currently looking for a fulltime customer and solution-oriented Sales Manager with excellent communication skills, strong business acumen, proven leadership competencies and natural ability to spot business opportunities. This is a great challenge for an experienced person with a strong clinical background, commercial attitude, the entrepreneurial mindset and strong leadership skills.A Day in the Life
The primary role of the Regional Sales Manager is to manage sales operations within the assigned district. You are expected to be accountable for delivering profitable growth in sales through planning, execution and management of a team of Territory Account Managers/Sales representatives.
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will collaborate on the development and execution of regional sales plan. You will also be accountable for the management of local key opinion leaders’ relationships. Position duties will be structured around specific regional needs, according to current business commitments and will expand/change according to future business demands.
In this role you define, implement, supervise and drive strategic and operational direction, objectives and targets for the Cardiac Ablation Solutions business in the Benelux countries. You are responsible to allocate and utilize Medtronic resources in the most effective way. You need to be able to identify and grow human talent and build/develop a strong, performance driven team to enhance Medtronic’s reputation in the market.
You will also play a key role in orchestrating the collaboration with the regional support functions such as CVG, Healthcare Economics & Reimbursement, Integrated Healthcare Solutions, HR, Customer Service, finance, pricing, clinical- to align with in-country strategic priorities to deliver on growth targets. You will report to the Cardiac Ablation Solutions Regional Business Director.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading a group of sales representatives and therapy specialists within assigned regional cluster
- Hiring, developing, motivating and retaining talents in the organization
- Ensuring on-the-job coaching of field representatives to maximize sales performance (in example territory review, prioritization, account planning, sales call preparation and execution, pricing and negotiations, sales call follow up, team education etc.)
- Embracing commercial excellence as a foundation for disciplined execution using proper CRM/tracking tools
- Ensuring proper pre and post tender management including participation in Tender submission process
- Managing funnel of expected sales, opportunities/ risks per territory and associated action plans
- Defining, communicating and managing quarterly sales and marketing spending targets per territory
- Driving roll-out of marketing campaigns in line with defined marketing plan & Key Performance Indicators
- Engaging with Key Opinion Leaders and Key Hospital Stakeholders to ensure adequate recognition of the value of the Operating Unit therapies and solutions and maximize clinical/ non-clinical customer engagement
- Conducting business in line with company practices and standards, compliant with Medtronic regulations
In order to be successful in this role, we expect you to be a self-motivated entrepreneur and a strategic thinker with a successful track record in Sales and strong influence management skills. Furthermore, you are a people manager who is highly motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Lastly you are a strong communicator, team player with high integrity standards, you are charismatic and enthusiastic with positive thinking and ability to lead a complex team. Must Haves
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of successful professional experience in biomedical industry
- Proven successful experience in leading and coaching people with diverse backgrounds
- Teamwork oriented and interested in working in a multicultural and cross-functional environment
- Experience in the field of cardiology, selling capital equipment and disposable material in a competitive environment
- Proven ability to lead commercial negotiations
- Experience in managing tenders
- Strong business acumen, networking skills, communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Ability to travel at least 50% including co-driving with sales team
- Cross-countries sales or marketing leadership experience in a medical device international company preferred
- Experience in highly competitive market preferred
- Track record which clearly indicates effective management and motivation of other groups in a multi-cultural environment (multiple European countries)
- Medical device industry experience
- Additional European language from assigned territory is an asset
- Established network to local Key Opinion Leaders within assigned geography is an asset
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission, we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success. Also, a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees.About Medtronic
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future. Additional Information
- Posting Date: Dec 3, 2021
- Travel: Yes, < 50 % of the Time