Project Manager IT
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Information Technology
- 221323 Digital Industries
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
Mendix has grown and expanded fast - from start-up to scale up. In order to improve the scalability of the internal organization, the new department, Program and Change, has started to define and manage the impact of IT solutions and processes on the organizational structure, competencies and skills, organization culture, performance and readiness for change.
In the role of Project Manager IT you will have responsibility for the design and delivery of the change management IT- enabled organizational transformation programs. You are responsible for the technical side of the projects assigned to you. By nature you will take ownership of planning/budget and will ensure goals and objectives are achieved with high quality and delivering on expected business value. You know how to successfully mitigate risks and issues and will play a lead role in communicating effectively with all stakeholders involved. You will be well versed in Agile techniques and exhibit the agility mindset.You'll play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties working closely together with the IT program director, business analyst and the application services and infrastructure services team members. You’ll be the liaison between business and IT to successfully implement organizational changes. Your responsibilities will be:
- You own and drive projects from start to completion in a distributed, matrix environment applying most appropriate project management methodologies and principals
- You will drive the successful business implementation
- You provide clear communication to team members and relevant stakeholders
- You drive your teams in a pro-active and passionate way, being best in class yourself
- You develop and execute detailed project plans, schedules, dependencies, critical paths and other required project collateral following standard methodologies or agile methodologies
You will be successful in this role if you
- have a good few years of relevant experience in a project management or change manager role in a complex environment
- you are IPMA-C or Prince2 practitioner certified
- you have a background in IT, preferably in software or a product development area
- you are an excellent communicator (in English and in Dutch)
- you have the ability of successfully handling multiple projects and working with global cross organization teams to ensure project success
- are experienced in driving infrastructure migrations (preferred)
- and with a very strong attention to detail and an eye for quality and consistency
- have excellent stakeholder management skills
- have the personal characteristics of being intelligent, analytic, highly driven, hands-on, self-learning
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.We put the customer first
. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.We think big
. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.We innovate
. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here. We nurture talent
. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.We hear every voice
. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.We own it
. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.We have fun
. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.Important to know:
Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time