***Please note this role can be based out of London, Munich or Luxembourg***
The Global Transportation Services (GTS) Finance team in Europe is expanding! We support short- and long-term planning for end to end transportation cost, in every European geography at Amazon as well as commercial modelling on carrier negotiations. By building robust financial plans, linking operational metrics with financial outcomes and supporting our business partners make data driven commercial decisions, the GTS Finance Team plays a vital role as Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As Amazon continues to grow so does the demand for talented Finance Business Partners. We are recruiting for several senior positions across the team to continue to improve our understanding of what inspires our cost operationally and identify opportunities for improvement in our executional systems and processes. Managing core finance processes and building complex financial models to support formulation of scenarios and recommendations, you will be at the heart of our investment strategy for the future.
Working with European and Global business stakeholders, you will deliver high-quality financial analysis and narratives that support strategic choices and improve customer experience. You will work backwards from your customer, and problem solve on their behalf. You will dive deep into their requirements, and have the confidence to challenge business partners on the assumptions in their plans to achieve better outcomes for our Customers and Amazon.
About the role:
As a Sr. Finance Business Partnert in EU GTS, you will have ownership over transportation finance activities for multiple EU countries. You will be responsible for providing analytical support to the business and finance leadership teams by monitoring financial and operational performance, and identifying improvement opportunities. You will also get the opportunity to work closely with a variety of stakeholders, including FP&A, Retail Finance, Controllership, Business Intelligence, Supply Chain and other transportation teams to drive commercial decisions and build multi-billion dollar financial plans.
· Partner with the Operations leaders of EU GTS to build short and long term business plans.
· Lead management reporting activities, deriving actionable recommendations. Partner with business leads to execute these operational and financial recommendations.
· Provide finance support to new business cases and contract negotiation activities, ensuring Amazon's interests are protected, risks minimized, and highest standards are followed on financial assessments.
· Drive continuous improvement and standardization of processes, including implementation of best practices and automation initiatives.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
· Experience performing financial or other quantitative analyses with demonstrated career progression in a corporate setting
· Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· MBA or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos)