The Consumer Core Tribe empowers HelloFresh to operate its consumer digital product by delivering essential services responsible for managing customers, plans, orders, and the pricing platform. We are redesigning our core data models and the services while enabling other consumer facing teams to build and ship new features to our customers (a.ka. We are changing the engine while the airplane is flying)
We are looking for an Associate Director that will be leading two(or more) teams responsible for modernizing the consumer platform for all our brands. In this critical role, you will drive the development and implementation of the platform, ensuring seamless integration across HelloFresh's brand ecosystem. Additionally, you will hire, inspire, manage, and grow cross-functional engineering teams.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don't "tick all the boxes" but think you'd thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you'll do
- Team Leadership: Build and manage high-performing engineering teams, providing growth opportunities and fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration.
- Strategic Alignment: Work closely with product and design partners to identify business areas where the discounting platform can add value. Drive the team towards successful delivery in these areas.
- Engineering Excellence: Continuously improve engineering standards, quality, and operational excellence while delivering business value. Contribute to setting strategy and goals across multiple engineering teams as part of the engineering leadership team.
- Performance Management: Provide valuable feedback, manage the performance of your organization, and ensure ongoing alignment of technology with the overall business strategy.
What you'll bring
- Demonstrated experience managing engineering managers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong background in managing highly scaled backend systems, with architectural skills to design flexible, resilient, and scalable distributed systems.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams to decouple and extract systems from old legacy monoliths applications into decoupled scalable systems.
- Proven ability to provide technical direction and engineering strategy across multiple teams, with a track record of successful execution.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, emphasizing data-driven experimentation, lean thinking, and quick iterations.
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem-solving and a passion for creating and building new processes.
- Understanding of experimental methodologies and statistical analysis in implementing and analyzing controlled experiments to test and validate new product features, improvements, or changes.
Join HelloFresh as the Associate Director and be at the forefront of driving technological innovation while contributing to the company's overall success.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events and parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.