Royal IHC is looking for a Lead Software Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, programming, documenting and testing PLC software used for our machine controls. As Lead Engineer you will be responsible for the planning of projects, creating architecture documents and coaching a small team of PLC Engineers.
You will work with a team of PLC and SCADA Engineers, as well as colleagues from other disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulics), and report to the Manager Controls.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creating Architecture documents
- Directing a small team of engineers
- Interacting with engineers from other disciplines ( Electrical, Hydraulical, Mechanical )in creating technical solutions
- Creating functional machine specifications in cooperation with the System Architect and Sales Engineer
- Making the necessary calculations required for software control
- Writing PLC software using a Siemens programming environment (knowledge of Siemens TIA portal is preferable)
- Working with frequency controllers and motors
- Responsible for archiving the software and version control
- Creating various documents (functional descriptions, manuals, test reports)
- Functional verification of the software prior to commissioning
- Commissioning machinery both in-house and on-site worldwide.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- at least 5 years of PLC programming experience ( preferably Siemens )
- a higher professional level of education (HBO/WO or equivalent) in software engineering
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- practical experience in design, test and commissioning of Siemens controlled machinery
- basic knowledge of electrical engineering
- communication skills and the ability to work independently
- be inventive, accurate, stress-resistant, flexible, innovative and a team player
- a results- and customer-oriented attitude
- willingness to travel to locations worldwide for commissioning and testing purposes for periods of approximately three weeks (several times a year).
Please note, an online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process.
Only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Siemens PLC, TIA Portal, Ladder, Profinet, Profibus
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist
Wat wij bieden