Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim vacancy Damen Naval is looking for an experienced IT Project Manager (Project Based) who is a member of the IT Project Management Team of Damen Naval. As IT Project Manager (Project Based) you are a member of the IT Project Management Team of Damen Naval. Your role is to deliver improved (IT) solutions and to implement new IT applications and embed those solutions within the business. Projects can range from IT infrastructure replacements/improvements to business-oriented IT projects in the areas of Engineering applications, PLM, ERP, and digital collaboration platforms.
The objective of the role of IT Project Manager (Project Based) is to deliver ICT projects within time, budget, and expected/required quality levels and in line with the relevant project governance principles and to help improve the project management maturity across Damen Naval IT. You are a member of the IT Special Domains department of Damen Naval which is the driver for digital transformation and a provider of high-quality IT solutions and services. This results in improved productivity and better customer experience.
As IT Project Manager (Project Based) you will:
- Initiate a project, define project scope and objectives, draft the project proposal, formulate, and negotiate the Project Initiation Documents.
- Develop and monitor detailed project plans, determine budget, and required resources and select suppliers within applicable IT Security aspects and compliancy rules.
- Clarify role and involvement level of team members and (co-)decide which stages of the project can be outsourced.
- Coordinate, monitor and drive the project, within defined plan and budget and manage project issues and changes and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Proactively monitor risks that threaten project success and define alternative ways to mitigate these risks.
- Manage the project resources, teams including external partners.
- Identify and manage dependencies with other projects
- Set up effective steering teams to govern the project and maintain and report project budgets, proactively
- Report insights to project stakeholders with regards to project status, development, risks, and issues.
- Proactively advice and support the improvement of project (portfolio) management.
- Build and maintain a network of in- and external stakeholders/partners and proactively inform and involve the Steering Committee and other key stakeholders.
- Involve, manage, and empower relevant project stakeholders from both business and IT.
- Identify, analyse, challenge, and align the views and interests of all relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate and close project and find, analyse, and share lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to the business and to the IT Support Organization using the transition to support process.
- Compliance with the project (portfolio) management rules and principles, with corporate and operational regulations.
- Understand and consistently question the status quo of your running projects and analyse existing processes and project (progress) data.
Skills & experience
As IT Project Manager (Project Based) you need to have:
- Relevant Bachelor degree, preferably complemented with Project Management qualifications.
- Five to ten years, working experience in project management and portfolio management in a large, international organization, working as project support officer, or a similar position.
- Sound knowledge of PMBOK and/or Prince2, Agile/Scrum, and with working experience in Waterfall and Agile/Scrum projects.
- Experience with project financials and with implementation of change and improvement projects.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, MS Project, and SharePoint.
- Good command of Dutch, German & English language written & verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of IT Project Manager (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.