Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Project Engineer Simulation who can start on short notice on a temporary basis. As Project Engineer Simulation at Damen Naval you will support the Landanlagen ship simulation project team and you will have the following responsibilities:
- Ship simulator design process such as review design documents.
- Q&A process and direct discussions with the German government, ship simulator supplier and other subcontractors about the design and implementations details.
- Supplier selection, change and IT security process.
- Test process with regards to requirement validation and traceability.
Skills & experience
As Project Engineer Simulation (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree preferably in Naval Architecture, IT or other relevant bachelor degree or a relevant secondary vocational education degree (MBO-4+) combined with relevant experience.
- Experience with (ship or flight) simulators and related hardware such as network, servers, bridge consoles and audio and visual equipment.
- Experience with requirement validation and traceability methods.
- Experience with modern training methods (eLearning) and/or game design, game art or game development is a big plus.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English, both written and verbally and understanding of the German language is a plus.
- Competencies: capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team, critical, persuasive, creative, cost-conscious, team player, decisive and structured.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Project Engineer Simulation (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.