The Indirect Tax Specialist is an integral part of the Foot Locker EMEA Finance team and will be responsible for part of the company’s Indirect Tax (Value Added Tax) compliance. You will work together with the EMEA Statutory teams, AP, AR, Legal, Treasury, regional accounting, and tax advisors to support regional compliance.
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you have come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
As part of the small tax group, the Specialist, Indirect Tax will work closely with the Sr. Manager and the Director, Indirect Tax, as well as internal teams both in the Netherlands and US offices and external advisors and accountants.Verantwoordelijkheden
- Prepare indirect tax returns & EC sales reports
- Work with 3rd party accountants for local indirect tax filings
- Ensure timely payments and forecasts
- Internal checks to ensure quality of reporting
- Monitor and report indirect tax law changes applicable to Foot Locker
- Support the team in all indirect tax matters
- Prepare Indirect Tax account reconciliations
- Assist in indirect tax audits, collaborating closely with the VAT team and external tax advisors
- Complete Indirect Tax – Intrastat Reconciliation
- You bring a Master’s degree preferable in Indirect Taxes or Fiscal Economics combined with 4+ year work experience in this field, within an international financial environment, or as an indirect compliance consultant within a big consultancy firm.
- Must have working knowledge of indirect tax compliance.
- Experience with US owned Companies preferred.
- Fluent in English required, preferably combined with another European language.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to develop and run reports.
- Service-minded and active in building effective partnerships.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems; data driven; sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Efficient Time management and strong analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills and ability to present information clearly and manage your stakeholders.