Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Senior Engineer Outfitting you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Outfitting, where Outfitting includes the accommodation and all technical spaces excluding engine rooms. You will work in a basic engineering team of several outfitting engineers on (Statutory) plans and arrangements, or during the detailed engineering in a multi-disciplinary team as the outfitting specialist. As Senior Engineer Outfitting you implement deep technical knowledge and practical experience, such as producibility, maintainability, accessibility, ergonomics, etc.
As Senior Engineer Outfitting you will be part of the Naval & Structural group which is part of the department Engineering. The employees work on project base divided over the various projects, in which they contribute to both basic- and detailed engineering within their field of expertise.
As Senior Engineer Outfitting you will:
- Be responsible for the approval process (of the Outfitting scope) until satisfactory implementing of all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Class, Statutory & Flag Regulations and the customer.
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required information, such as, plans and complicated arrangements, technical specifications, system descriptions, V&V documents.
- Execute the engineering outfitting activities with the 2D and 3D CAD tools.
- Participate in the Product & Proposal phase.
- Verify technical data of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform technical analysis on received offers under supervision of the Teamlead.
- Offer technical support on commissioning activities.
- Contribute to the further development of the Engineering department.
- Develop and describe yard standards.
Skills & experience
As Senior Engineer Outfitting you will need to have:
- Technical Bachelor degree related to the outfitting discipline.
- Minimum of five year experience in the engineering and knowledge of outfitting systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Extensive knowledge of Class and Statutory regulations and experience with their practical interpretation and implementation.
- Experience with Class, Flag and Client approval processes, including discussions with Plan Approval surveyors and/or Client (representatives).
- Experience with good engineering practices, including quality and budget awareness and to cooperate with vendors and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of and experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic or Catia.
- Good command of the English language (written & verbal) and mastery of Dutch language is a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Engineer Outfitting (Schiedam), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.