At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Preferred EMEIA locations for this position are Switzerland and UK but highly qualified applicants from other locations will still be considered.
Strategy and Transactions professionals work on the most complex and high-profile strategic decisions, transactions, and transformations across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. It is a group of experienced industry professionals who are serial transaction advisers. The Sector Market Development Lead reports directly to the SaT EMEIA Sector and plays a critical role as the “spider in the web” within the SaT fast-growing Sector Insights Acceleration capability. This capability supports SaT by curating and generating knowledge to support client development and delivery, drawing on deep sector expertise for thought-provoking insights to get ahead of clients and markets.
Your key responsibilities
As a Sector Market Development Leader you will be a vital member of the team working directly with the SaT Sector Leader to develop and implement the sector strategy and agenda. In this role you will:
Sector Strategy Creation and Execution
- Bring the full depth and breadth of all knowledge, research, and origination capabilities from all teams to serve the strategic priorities of the sector practice.
- Collaborate with SaT Sector Leader as well as other key stakeholders within SaT and EY Global Markets to define, prioritize, and coordinate market development initiatives.
- Manage the budget for sector priorities, including conferences, relationships, knowledge content, meetings, pursuits, and GDS support, on behalf of the SaT Sector Leader
Thought Leadership, Business Development, and Brand
- Support the creation of sector communication and relationship development plans for SaT Sector Leader and experts, including distribution and tracking of thought leadership to key stakeholders and creation of client-facing deliverables (e.g., relationship matrix, meeting documents, newsletters, proposal responses, etc.).
- Coordinate the research and thought leadership agenda for the SaT EMEIA team, in close collaboration with key stakeholders across SaT and EY-Knowledge.
- Build internal and external relationships to establish and elevate the eminence of the sector’s brand in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with EY’s Brand, Media & Communications (BMC) and EY Insights teams to bring high quality thought leadership to priority accounts and coordinate sector-related marketing activities that gain external awareness of and recognition for our perspectives by influencing media and analysts as part of the sector marketing plan.
- Drive key business development activation of insights products and positioning activities (e.g. events, conferences, etc.) on behalf of the SaT Sector Leader, in close collaboration key stakeholders in EY Global Markets
- Support SaT Sector Leader in building and fostering a vibrant sector community in close coordination with other service line Sector Leaders and EMEIA Industry Markets Leader, acting as the central “connector” and focal point of the sector community.
- Build, manage and galvanize the sector community, with an emphasis on elevating the eminence of sector specialists.
- Drive SaT sector practices by shaping sector culture and connecting with Consulting sector network.
- Drive in-sector relationship-building between competencies in SaT and between SaT & other parts of EY, as well as between EMEIA SaT and SaT in other parts of the world.
Key attributes for success
- Project management skills and ability to thrive with ambiguity – you will lead a number of critical projects on behalf of the SaT Sector Leader, and must be able to manage and deliver these in the context of a complex and fast-paced environment
- Relationship-building abilities – you will be expected to cultivate strong working relationships with partners and staff across the sector team, as well as with key external stakeholders, and play the role of a “spider in the web” within the sector community
- Business development skills and commercial acumen – you will assist partners and directors across the sector with pursuits, proposal development, and other business development activities. You will be expected to play a key role in driving the commercial success of the SaT Sector
- Learning mindset – you will be expected to have a strong drive toward developing your technical and personal skills to help you deliver the best possible work and advance in your career, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or a subject relevant to the sector
- Strong project management, organizational skills and ability to drive actions with senior leaders
- A strong understanding of the client service industry
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Deep understanding of the applicable sector including current trends, market cycles and potential disruption
- A keen interest in key topics relevant to your sector, such as economic and business drivers, technology, megatrends, and geopolitical issues
- Experience writing formal and informal research content in English with varying levels of detail
- An intellectual curiosity to become the sector expert and entrepreneurial attitude to turn that expertise into a commercial asset for SaT
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Previous experience in the industry
- Understanding of the EY services and delivery models
- Previous experience in a strategy, operations, or mergers & acquisitions transactions role
- An MBA or other relevant postgraduate degree
- Other relevant language skills
- People currently working in a relevant client-facing role within EY are eligible to apply for the role as a one- or two-year fixed term secondment.
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of whatweoffer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.