When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. We get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. We're a company of pioneers. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
We are looking for a senior business leader to head Demand Generation for our Print & Kindle Books businesses in Europe. In this multi-faceted role where you will be required to define and deliver your vision for how to inspire customers across Europe to find and enjoy their next read. Working backwards from customer insights that your team owns and develops, you will have the opportunity to shape how customers find inspiration and shop for books on Amazon. You will own and develop levers up and down the marketing funnel and across multiple channels and devices to delight customers across their key lifecycle moments.
Our ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, product management and marketing experience, and a demonstrated ability to work both at the strategic level (product vision, 3yr planning) and diving deep into the details as needed (inspecting project milestones, solving CX defects, designing marketing campaigns, writing business requirements, forecasting inputs and outputs incl. P&L…etc.). You will show hustle, take ownership and help foster a high-energy, high-performance culture.
Key responsibilities include:
· Research and identify new opportunities for Amazon to further distinguish itself as the clear role model in offering an end-to-end reading experience
· Develop and communicate business strategy and operational plans to senior leadership
· Own business reviews for books demand generation in Europe (weekly and monthly reviews, annual planning)
· Coordinate multinational and cross functional teams to launch and operate products and offers
· Enjoy reading, have fun, and make history
· 10+ years experience in a business role, with minimum 5 years in marketing, product management or business strategy, with experience in defining and launching new customer value propositions and translating customer needs into business/product requirements
· Experience in building and developing high performing teams
· Experience partnering across a global organization and influencing across multiple teams
· Able to work in a diverse team
· MBA / advanced studies with reputable institution
· Savvy interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Marketing, Product, Engineering, Design, Legal, Public Relations and Senior Leadership
· Adept communicator both verbally and in writing
· Experience with reputable consulting and/or tech firms
Experience in demand generation roles
· Experience in content and/or media companies
· Fluency in one or more European languages (German, French, Italian, Spanish)
· International work experience
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.