The GC Technologist will support onsite testing services in Europe, Middle East and Asia, ensuring that technical excellence, cost, schedule and contractual requirements are achieved. This is a hands-on position that involves significant travel and reports to the Regional Manager (Europe, Middle East, Asia). Please note that this is a full-time one-year contract with the possibility of extension to a full-time permanent position.
Please note that this exciting opportunity will require extensive travel to client sites and occasional travel between offices located in Calgary, Houston and Amsterdam.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply.
Over de werkgever
Sulfur Experts is an independent process engineering company focused on providing leading-edge evaluation services for Sulfur recovery, amine plants and dehydration processes. What sets Sulfur Experts apart from the competition is their size and technical strength. They have the ability to field up to ten test crews simultaneously with all the equipment and engineering support required to meet the specialized on-site testing and evaluation needs of their clients. With offices in Canada, the Netherlands and the United States, they can mobilize efficiently to meet the most demanding situations and schedules in a timely manner.
- Collect samples including gas and liquid samples from process streams.
- Perform GC equipment calibrations and maintain GC equipment.
- Perform GC and FTIR analysis in the field.
- Participate in internal research and development, and method development.
- Prepare analytical reports.
- Various laboratory duties based in Netherlands office.
- Assist with shipping equipment.
- Lead Sulphur Experts’ health and safety program by obtaining and maintain various safety certifications including First Aid, H2S Alive, Confined Space Entry, etc.
- Participate in company safety meetings.
- Complete personal time sheets and expense reports.
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist
Education & Qualifications
- Graduate of a recognized university with a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience working in a multi-project industrial setting, particularly in sulphur recovery, downstream oil and gas or related industry.
- Good working knowledge of gas chromatography and FTIR methods.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Successful participation in drug and alcohol testing program.
- Commitment to safety and safe workplace practices.