Global Product Manager, Hydrogen (flexible location)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be accountable for the long-term profitable growth and marketing of the ABB offering to hydrogen segment, by developing and managing it through all of its life cycle phases, according to market needs and Product Group strategy and targets. You will report to the Global Product & Technology Manager. ***The ideal candidate is located in Europe (preferably Germany, Finland, Poland, or any other European location). *** Willingness to travel is required (around 10-20%).This position reports to
Business Development Manager - HydrogenYour responsibilities
- Taking ownership of the portfolio performance in the dimensions of market, quality and cost. This includes pro-active target setting in these dimensions with the relevant global and local stakeholders by setting priorities and driving initiatives.
- Systematically identifying market opportunities, creating focused and granular business plans with relevant stakeholders and following up on the execution.
- Actively and systematically managing the long-and short-term roadmap of the product portfolio in order to capture growth areas, ensure leading reliability and maintain competitiveness of the offering. Drive the analysis, interpretation and influencing of standards and trends and translate them into technology requirements and long-term roadmaps.
- Providing technical and commercial support to Sales force for critical negotiations.
- Ensuring full alignment with the technology stack and service delivery mechanisms to provide customers with a superior customer experience. Actively seeking areas and customers to co-create solutions technically, but also in terms of business models.
- Building an effective, caring, competent and high performing community whilst setting the standards to enable an engaged, empowered, diverse and inclusive culture.
- Continuously thinking one level up and around own area of responsibility. Seeking cross Division opportunities to maximize product and solution delivery
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years industry experience, renewable industry experience is preferred
- Experience with product management and business strategy creation
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of value proposition development
- Broad and deep understanding of customer engagement and Service business
- Experience in working in multicultural environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a professional, “hands-on” workstyle
- Ability to navigate in a dynamically changing environment, flexible with creative thinking
- Prior experience in a start-up/scale-up environment is a plus
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. For further information: Gabor Kiss – Senior Global Talent Partner ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Hybrid