Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Are you interested in shaping the future of Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) and Operations? Do you want to create processes, operating models, and drive Amazon network improvements? Do you have a strong passion for continuous improvement and implementing methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean?
EU Amazon Transportation Services’ ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person as an Operational Excellence Manager to help develop a world class middle mile process that delivers goods on time at the best cost. This role can be based virtually across the EU, but with a home site in one of our EU Sort Centers across Spain, France, Germany, or Italy.
Our team objective is to manage to excellence all inbound, sortation, and outbound freight flowing through our European Sortation Centers. A successful Operational Excellence Manager will have experience managing large programs and extreme bias for action needed in a startup environment.
· Drive network level excellence by designing and implementing systems, metrics and programs that maximize compliance, productivity and continuous improvement.
· Mentor EUSC Operational Excellence Manager network in Lean principles; define and drive adoption of standard work into the daily routines and habits of SC staff.
· Build strong partnership with operations field leaders to identify impact of new business initiatives and successfully integrate and deploy them onsite.
· Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers.
· Work with technology teams and product managers to develop new tools and systems to support the growth of the business.
· Support to improve the vision, content, and delivery of standard work and ACES Training program.
· Create benchmark standards and audit process
· Analyze and solving operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Passion for continuous improvement and developing mechanisms to reduce defects
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment
· Strong change management and implementation experience, including a demonstrated ability to engage effectively with high levels of management
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to drive projects from initially ambiguous states
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Demonstrated ability to write detailed project and business plans.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
· Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, engineering, or other technical field (or higher, e.g. MBA) or 3+ years Amazon experience.
· Proven progressive responsibility in warehouse operations, logistics, or related field.
· Demonstrable mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment.
· Experience across the full project lifecycle – analysis, design, and implementation.
· Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
· Approximately 30% travel required.
· MBA and work experience in technical field is highly desired
· Highly analytical and comfortable with large analyses.
· Able to quickly distill down complex operating models and identify opportunities
· Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level. Credible and impactful both with Senior Operational and Business Leaders as well as on the shop floor.
· Practiced working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
· Basic knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic, Tableau or other technical tools are a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.