Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated leader to own the vision and development of solutions to support our Technology Partners' customers adoption of AWS. This is an ideal role for someone with deep experience in software solution building and architecture, and expert knowledge of the associated applications and infrastructure in this space, and a solid understanding of the security, availability, resiliency, and compliance required to run software workloads.
In this role, you will lead a team of Solutions architects responsible for defining, executing and delivering an overall platform solution with our Technology Partner Software companies. These software solutions will provide customers of these software companies a mechanism for the end-to-end implementation and operation of secure, resilient, scalable, and flexible environments in which to deploy sensitive and complex workloads.
20-30% travel is required.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· 10+ years experience working in software organizations and implementing solutions.
· 5+ years experience as an architect, designing and implementing large-scale solutions with industry experience
· Experience with horizontal or vertical solutions such as supply chain, databases, storage, PLM or other similar solutions
· 3+ years managing customer facing teams
· Robust understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas,SaaS,PaaS) would be preferred but not required.
· Superb verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to manage distributed teams and work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience.
· Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
· Ability to handle complex relationships and work in a team environment.
· Solid understanding of virtualization and/or cloud computing technologies.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.